Eyebrows falling out

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Eyebrows falling out

Hello!!  I've had this happen maybe a couple of times, but this is the first time it has been so severe and affected both eyebrows at the same time. I think it is due to dry skin from the weather changes, but the skin at the base of my eyebrows is incredibly itchy. It did flake a bit, but moisturizer stopped that...however, there are also these hard things at the base of my eyebrow hairs(they look like hardened sebum) that protrude above the skin and encircle the entire bottom of the hair (I mean the entire end of the hair that is supposed to be in my skin is covered). These make my hair fall out VERY easily with the plug type thing attached, and the previous times something like this has happened, the hairs that fell out never grew back. What is this, is there a way to make it stop, and is there a way to prevent my hair falling out?(That's the only way they seem to go away) It is really bad this time and my eyebrows are getting sparse =(. Thank you in advance for any advice!!
The symptoms are suggestive of seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. You can treat flaking and dryness with over-the-counter dandruff or medicated shampoos. Shampoo the hair vigorously and frequently (preferably daily). Active ingredients in these shampoos include salicylic acid, coal tar, zinc, resorcin, ketoconazole, or selenium.

If the symptoms persist, then it would be best to get it confirmed from a dermatologist.

I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.