Eyelashes fell out and not growing back.
Shortly after a cervical spinal fusion at 40 (I'm currently 47) my immune system bailed and I've lived in chronic pain from severe muscle spasms and migraine headaches - so, there's no doubt I've been dealing with stress for some time. I developed allergies to everything environmental (dust, pollen, animal hair, etc). I'm in the throws of peri menapause (with symptoms so extreme I've barely been able to function) and have been trying to naturally balance my hormones through proper diet, and rest. Now all of my eyelashes have fallen out and my eyes are always itchy. All my adult life my eyelashes would fall out during a certain time of my cycle then grow right back. Now they're not growing back and my eyes are always itchy (I do my best not to scratch and rub them). I'd like to assume that this is hormonal, but I've read here that there's some sort of irritation or infection of the eyelid that can cause this; I've really been thinking it's just my allergies. Who do I see and what questions do I ask that doctor? Thank you.
There are many causes of eyelashes loss. Blepharitis is one of the commonest cause. It can also cause redness, itching, burning, and light sensitivity of the eye. The other cause is alopecia aeretea. This condition is actually an autoimmune disease that causes the immune system to attack hair follicles. Other causes include trauma to the eyelids and discoid lupus.
I suggest you to get an examination done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much for that direction. I was going to go to the opthamologist but I do have skin issues as well. This was very helpful. Thanks so much for your time. Tracey