Eyelid Psoriasis
I have plaque psoriasis on my forehead, temples, in my ears, in my eyebrows, on my cheekbones and now it is creeping down onto my eyelid.  It first gets red and scaly, then flakes off and sometimes cracks causing pain.  My question is, how do I treat the skin on my eyelid - as I know it is extremely delicate, without doing damage to my actual eyeball?  I have been prescribed Desonide lotion .05% for my facial psoriasis, and Vectical ointment to put on top of that - I don't want to put the Desonide on my eyelid out of fear it will get into my eye.  So far I have been using triple antibiotic ointment overnight and it seems to help but are there other suggestions for curing/caring for this problem?
Is it possible to use a little tape and cotton to hold your eye closed?  Then you could put the ointment or cream on the eyelid without fear of it going into eye. I'm not sure how far down it's going. You could try asking a nurse or pharmacist for better ideas. Wish I could help more. Sorry.
I would rather prefer you apply a moisturizer over the eyelid, for even the mildest steroid can induce atrophy over the eyelid.
Regards.