Eyelid problem
Basically a doctor told me I had some sort of eczema on my eyelid and I was to use some hydrocortonise cream. Of course being silly I decided to use it and soon noticed my eyelid started to change... I stopped using the cream and went back to the doctor to which he then told me to just moisturise and it just by fine. My eyelid still wasn't okay though.... He then said it was a fungal infection and now my eye is perfectly fine with the whole red patches thing, HOWEVER my eyelid still isn't the same. It seems that the skin has lost it's elasticity and seems tight. To add to the list it seems that the natural eyelid I have (upper eyelid) has now gained another fold/crease and it doesn't naturally cover my eye so much. If you look closely at your lids you'll see that they drop, however after my upper eyelid doesn't drop down anymore, and it seems to have caved in and lost all the fat and skin... What has happened to my eyelid? My eyelid overflap has basically gone, so now it's just an eyelid that seems so freaking tight and like i've lost skin. It actually looks like my eyelid has got higher, as the natural fat that gives you an eyelid seems to have dissapeared and is never tight, not elastic and left a shallow dent where the upper eyelid now doesn't go no where near my eyelashes where it is meant to fold near.
Steroid induced atrophy possibly (hydrocortisone though most mild can cause this).Continue to  moisturise.ok?
I hope not. I've seen places that say it's reversible and others that say it's not... I'm very scared if i'll look like this forever.
The eyelids, scrotal area and in infants the absorbtion of steroid on external application is very high and thus the atrophy component here. Thankfully hydrocortisone is comparitively weak and thus there is some recovery but then after sometime.
The other alternative diagnosis is dry skin associated with eczema.
Hope it would settle soon.Best wishes.
Well I used the hydrocortonise for about two-three weeks and it was 1% strength. I then used an anti-fungal cream afterwards (not sure if it has skin thinning affects) called Daktarin and some Chloramphenicol eye ointment for two weeks. I no longer put anything on my eyelids except a totally organic thick eczema and dry skin moisturiser, as my eyelid feels very tight.
How long do you reckon I will start to see results of my skin thickening?
The other two will not cause atrophy. In a few weeks you will get changes to the better. ok?
Hmmm. I hope so. It's not nice to wake up everyday knowing that people can see that one of your eyelids looks like it's drooping, when in fact it's actually skin thinning and there isn't any fat on my eyelid...
I went to a doc with the same problem and she recommended .5 % cortisone and said to use only for a few days as they warned it thins the skin of the eyelid. I would go to another doctor for a 2nd opinion as I was told 1% was too strong to use. If it makes you feel any better though, it did work for me, for a while then now, the darned condition is back again...I am thinking it has to do with using a new shampoo. It's itchy as hell and it is so hard no to scratch it and now they are bleeding....Gosh I hope you get this resolved. Are you pleased with the results of the eye you used cortisone on as it might be interesting to ask if you could apply to your other eye and attempt to get same results? I am being serious...not making a joke about this. Worth asking about.....?
Whatever happened with your treatment??  How are you now and what was the solution?