FLAT RED CIRCULAR SPOTS

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

FLAT RED CIRCULAR SPOTS

I HAVE RED CIRULAR SPOTS ALL OVER MY BODY. THEY ONLY ITCH SOMETIMES, WHEN SCRATCHED THE GET REALLY DRY IN THE MIDDLE. IVE USED SELSON BLUE 3 DAYS THERE STILL THERE.
I have a circular spot on each ankle that I thought was wringworm.  I tried over the counter meds but the areas continued to grown.  I went to my family doctor and he prescribed a cream for numular eczema but after 3 weeks it continued to grow.  I was refered to dermetologist and he also think it is eczema and prescribed a different med.  I continue to have itching and I see no difference.  I see the doctor next week after using the new med for 3 weeks.  I have had this problem now for 3 months.   I am worried it's not going to get better and I will have to change my knee surgery date which is in 6 weeks.  Any ideas what it could be.  Help!
Ive dealt with the same problem. I initially thought it was ringworm and saw two doctors & a dermatologist. It just kept spreading! the dermatologist was absolutely NO help. she stated that it was probably just skin irritation due to poor hygiene. ridiculous, i am a very clean person. i eventually found out what it was, from the internet! Pityriasis rosea. there doesnt really seem to be much you can do. i applied cortisone cream and it eventually cleared up and it has not come back. but it did take over a month!

I get something similar and apply a prescribed lotion. It's called Desonide Lotion .05%. Apply twice a day and typicaly within a week it's gone. If it comes back, just use the lotion again. I've dealt with this for several years and the medication always makes it go away. Hope this helps.