Dermatology Expert Forum
Face,Neck,chest rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Face,Neck,chest rash

For the last 2 weeks I have had a red rash appear on my face after showering or shaving. It starts out as a tingling feeling that develops into a red rash on my forehead, cheeks. and neck (some areas on my face will have one or two small raised marks that appear to look like scratches). I will also have a red mark in the middle of my chest. This rash will last up to 20 to 30 minutes and then dissapear. It starts out as a tingling feeling that ends up itching and burning(like a sun burn). It is also not a uniform rash. Its somewhat scatterted all over my face and neck and in the middle of my chest. I had this same rash appear mysteriously around 6 yrs ago during the winter. If it was somewhat of a cold day my face would develop this same rash. It was brought on by the cold air. My hands would also itch. I took YEAST FIGHTERS by Twin Lab for about a month and it disappeared. It has now returned. I had strep throat 2 weeks ago and was given Cipro since I am allergic to pennicilin. I stopped the Cipro 7 days into it because this rash developed. I have also felt very fatiqued and the joints in my hands have ached. I don't know if this is interrelated, but I need to know what you think this rash might be. It only lasts for 20 to 30 minutes but it's very embarrassing and uncomfortable.Thanks
It doesn't sound like anything particularly serious, but I can't tell from your description.  They may be hives, which usually have no specific cause.  You might try an antihistamine like Benadryl or Claritin (both over-the-counter) daily for a few days.  Often, hives like these are not allergic, but may be brought on by physical factors like heat or cold.  If it persists, you can show it to a doctor, but again, it doesn't sound like anything specially worrisome.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I have several red blotches on my stomach, it started off as just one but has increased to several more of equal or lesser size, when they first appeared I thought they would just go away, but it's been a year now and they have only increased. The thing is they don't itch. If I didn't see them I wouldn't even know that they were there. And whenever I take a shower there is always a little bit of dry skin that appears to be flaky on it. I'm not really sure what to do about it, is there some sort of cream or pill that I can take?
About two weeks ago, I developed a rash on my neck.  It was red, itchy, and dry.  I started applying Hydrocortisone anti-itch 1% creme.  And it did get a little better.  I still went to see my doctor and he diagnosed that it was a heat rash.  So, he prescribed a Fluocinonide topical solution.  I started using that and it helped a little.  The rash on my neck is almost gone but there are still red spots on my neck.  Also, now there are some red spots and what look like pimples on my cheeks, which weren't there before.  The red spots itch quite a bit.  Is this something serious? How can I eradicate this? Thanks.
How long should a sunburn-like rash persist after discontinuing Lamictal?  I've been off Lamictal for about 1.5 months and the redness and sunburn-like effect has spread to most of my body.  I've heard it can take up to 6 months for the body to recover.
Last december of 2004 a rash on my chin started to form, at first I thougt it was just acne, but after a month of the same area being affected I discided to call my doctor. He said it was exima so he gave me Desoxmetasone Cream USP 0.25%. I started to use the medican, it made the driness leave but then these boil like swells started to form. For months it would flare and calm down. But now I can't even touch my lower chin with out the itch and the pain. I went back to my doctor each time and he told me it was getting better, but my lover chin swells up now and it isnt getting any better. I tried to get a referal but the doctor is booked up until early november, I don't know what else to do i've tried soft sponge like face washing cloths and even those ocean sponge things. I'm just starting college and I don't want to start college looking like I have a disease on my face.

thanks chrissy

thanks chrissy

thanks chrissy
hehe sorry i didnt mean to post that many times my computer was lagging .. sorry about that
I also have a rash on my chest and i have had it since i was born, well at least i think anway i find it irritating and sometimes emmbarasing especially when i take my top of when i go swimming on holida, They like little small bumps and some are just like normall teenage spots but there all on my chest, and sometimes they itch, i have tried many things to get rid of them but neither ofd them have seemed to work. I just waqnt rid of them and for all of thoses people on this website i hope thatyour's will go away soon. thankyou
A related discussion, Spots on face neck and chest was started.
A related discussion, Look this up?? was started.