Face Rash?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Face Rash?

I have started getting itchy little bumps on my face and it seems to be getting worse and spreading each day. It moved to my earlobes a small bit and the left one is starting to scab a little. The bumps are on the left side of my face and a little bit on the right but there is nothing on my forehead, nose or chin. Its very irritating and no lotion will help. What should i be using to get rid of it? it cant be just dry skin as i use a moisturizer daily and this has never happened to me before
It can be due to contact dermatitis to any of the cosmetic products, soaps etc which you may be using. Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching take some oral antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Other possibilities need to be ruled out after a biopsy skin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.