Face Warts?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Face Warts?

My boyfriend has had warts on his forehead (near his hairline) before and now I think I might have one. First, if we touch foreheads could his wart be contagious and me get one? About a month ago I popped what I thought was a zit but now I think it might have been a wart cuz I'm starting to get bumps on my forehead and face and I'm thinking they're little warts, but it might be acne. How can I tell the difference. If they are warts, what is the best treatment. I've heard of something called Dermisil or  Compund W? I would prefer a cream or liquid that doesnt cause any scarring and thats not obvious when I have it on. Oh, also....if they are warts could I spread them when I touch my face to wash it or apply moisturizer...that has been really concerning me lately. I'm scared to touch my face in fear that i might spread whatever it is.
Tags: face, Warts
  • Wart on Scrotum (1 replies):
    I have had a wart on my scrotum a little smaller than a ...[more]
  • Wart or Skin Tag? (1 replies):
    Hey Doc, I have a small growth on my penis i guess you c...[more]
  • wart ir skin yag (1 replies):
    i have a history of gential warts, these have been treat...[more]
  • skin (1 replies):
    I noticed a bump on my boyfriends penis the other day ne...[more]
  • warts??? (2 replies):
    Hi. I have a small grouping of growths on the underside ...[more]

Usually small outgrowths of skin on the body are due to  warts. Another possibility in this area would be skin tags.

Warts are highly contagious and are considered the most serious types of warts. A small cut or abrasion on the skin is sufficient for invasion and infection by a human papilloma virus and other types of viruses, these come into the top layer of the skin, and cause the formation of a wart on the surface of the skin.

If you have any doubts regarding the diagnosis, you should contact your health care provider for diagnostics and possible treatment.

Genital warts often occur in clusters and can be very tiny or can spread into large masses in the genital or penis area. In women they occur on the outside and inside of the vagina, on the cervix or around the anus.

The viral particles are able to penetrate the skin and mucosal surfaces through microscopic abrasions in the genital area, which occur during sexual activity.
HPV virus can last from 3 months to 2 years without a symptom. Having sex with a partner whose HPV infection is latent and demonstrates no outward symptoms(asymptomatic shedding) still leaves one vulnerable to becoming infected.

Genital warts (condylomata) can be confused with Molluscum contagiosum (MC), which is also transmitted sexually.

It is best to get it examined and reach an accurate diagnosis so that the appropriate treatment can be initiated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genital_warts

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards
Well I did get diagnosed with HPV about a year ago...but I dont have any warts in my genital area and neither does my boyfriend. My boyfriend have one one on his forehead, near his hairline, and I was wondering if we touched foreheads or something if I could get one on my forehead. Also, if they are little warts on my face, when I touch my face to wash it or put moisturizer on...will that spread the warts all over my face? Thats mainly what I'm worried about is spreading them. I worry too much about everything to begin with...but its to the point where I'm worried to dry off my face after the shower because of spreading it.

Thank you Dr

Regards.