Dermatology Community
Face burn, need help...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Face burn, need help...

Hello,
I need your help. My sister wanted to cook chicken in oven. Unfortunately in my home country we use gas for cookng, and in winter it becomes very low. So when she come back to check it's cooking gas inside of oven was turned off. It  exploded  and burned her face. I really need advice how to treat the skin so it will help face skin heal faster and doesn't leave scars on her face.
I will appreciate your help.
Tags: silvadene
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

Treatment of burns depends upon the depth of injury from a burn. First-degree burns are the most shallow (superficial). They affect only the top layer of skin (epidermis). Second-degree burns extend into the middle layer of skin (dermis). Third-degree burns involve all three layers of skin.

What was the degree of involvement of skin in your sister’s case? From your description, it looks like a second or third degree burn. Most superficial burns heal within about two weeks and don't usually leave a scar. For these kind of burns; you can apply antibiotic cream such as silver sulfadiazine (Silvadene).It will prevent infection and help in fast healing.

One medicine which has been advised by many dermatologists for scar diminishing is contractubex gel/cream. You can seek your dermatologist/surgeon’s opinion before using this cream. Otherwise you can go in for glycolic peals, laser treatments and pressure dressings. Severe scarrings may need skin grafting by a plastic surgeon.

You can consult a plastic surgeon/dermatologist about these options and find out which one works the best for your sister.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...