Face has stopped sweating, began itching with flushed face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I would appreciate any help in diagnosing what has caused the following.

Basically over the last 4 years my face has gradually, then suddenly stopped sweating. Over the last 2 years it has begun to flush profusely when hot & occasionaly also itches when very warm.

When I get a bath & wash my face, occasionally, but more often than not my face also flushes badly, the only way to cool it down is with a cold towel & ice.

The area of redness on my face is only the cheek area & is identical on both sides aka where the blood vessels are.

I feel like my body has lost its ability to regulate body temperature, this is further personified by the fact that late at night, namely from 7pm to 11pm, when the body temperature rises naturally, my face also flushes and again, with no sweating. My body only feels cool in the early hours of the mourning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J1992.
Anhidrosis means lack of sweating.It may be due to dehydration,neurologic disorders such as Guillain-Barre syndrome,skin diseases that block sweat glands,congenital disorders as ectodermal dysplasia,due to some drugs,trauma to sweat glands and underactivity of the sympathetic nervous system.
Exact cause can only be found out after thorough physical examination and investigations.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for the response.

Ive been to my Dr & I have had a blood test taken as well as a Urine test.

I will post back with any updates.

Regards.
I also have this problem with face flushing.  Also I do not have facial sweat. That seems to be the common factor. My face turns every time I have a temp change.  From going from inside to outside heat. I even took my child to doctor for fever and because was holding him his feverish body made my face flair up.  The doctor even made me get my temp checked.  How embarrassing!!!
Hopefully one day we can be given a specific diagnosis, something for peace of minds sake.

Only I would genuinely know what is normal and what is not, and I know my current condition is a real concern as it only came to light a few years ago. I've never had such issues before.

Therefore I still have hope that a doctor can provide the right assessment and treatment, sooner rather than later.

Thanks,
J1992.
I would however like to add that the itchiness has completely gone (only just dawned on me), hasn't been a problem for over a year, maybe two. Not entirely sure what the cause was, probably something to do with the salicylic acid I was putting on my face. Now I just wash my face with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and that is all.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers