Facial Boil
I had what I thought was a pimple in my moustache.  I popped it, and have resulted in gaining a large painful boil.  i am assuming that the "pimple" was actually an ingrown hair.  The huge painful boil has a pretty good sizre hole at the top which is still draining (it has been 36 hours since first contact).  What can I do to help/cure the affected area without going to the emergency room and before I get staph.  ?????????????
It seems like boil or furuncle. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection.
Since the boil has been drained, please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.