Facial Flaking and acne
Hi, for years I've suffered from flaking around the sides of my nose and other parts of my face along with redness, sporadic outbursts of acne all the time.
I have no idea what causes it. I do also get bumps under my skin on the face and sometimes but other times they come to surface of the skin and look like weird acne/boils which can be quite painful and irritating as well. After healing again the flaking begins around the previous area and this cycle continues on and on .10 years of this has cause some scarring on my skin and I would appreciate some answers if possible.
From the symptoms it looks like dry skin or seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face.

Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.