Facial Hair Problem

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Facial Hair Problem

Hi I'm a 20 year old male with a facial hair problem. I am never able to fully get rid of the facial hair above my lips and on my chin.

I've tried depilatories, razors, electric shavers and plucking. None of which provided any satisfactory results. The "cleanest" way was to pluck each and every single hair one by one which was often painful and left redness on my skin. The facial hair I pluck out are always very much longer than the length that shows on the surface, and I am not sure if that is normal.

On closer inspection the pores above my lips and chin where the persistent facial hair reside are significantly larger than those on the rest of my face. Showing up as a darker, rougher patch even when I rid my facial hair through plucking.

What kind of dermatological care should I be seeking?
The different methods of hair removal are shaving, chemical depilation by using depilatory creams, temporary epilation by plucking, tweezing, waxing and permanent epilation by electrolysis, thermolysis and laser hair removal.

If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.