Facial Hair Question?!?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Facial Hair Question?!?

Has anyone looked at their facial hair in a magnifying mirror???

Mine looks somewhat normal except when I stretch the skin- It almost looks as if more hair appears and it's growing in EVERY direction. Also, I can see hair that's either really light or it's just beneath the skin...

This is gonna be hard to explain... So I would stretch my skin to reveal the "crazy hair". I would keep the skin stretched, and stretch it again in a different direction (trying to go against the grain of the majority of the hair). I could keep doing this and it seemed like more hair would "surface". I realize a lot of this is probably just the other hair going back into place, but I'm pretty sure more hair is appearing... I was only doing this to one side of my face, and my stubble looks a little thicker. Also, I have tons of red marks (dots) on that side of my face - like ingrown hair scars.

My next question is if it's possible to have an "ingrown beard"?? I used to get razor bumps (ingrown hairs) A LOT, but I never do now.. If I left this untreated in the past, what does that mean for the future?? Was the hair just growing under my skin until it surfaced?? I can't find info on ingrown hairs past the "razor bump stage"... Also, I'm very curious what facial hair should look like magnified- are there any sites that would have this?(google & bing aren't being much help...)

Ingrown hairs or not... is there a way to make all of my hair grow in the same direction? Exfoliating? Micro/dermabrasion? It really bugs me and I'm convinced this is why my skin doesn't look smooth like most people's....

Thanks in advance!