Facial Mole Removal?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Facial Mole Removal?

8550268?1353878774

I am planning to book a consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist for 3 moles to be removed from my face. I know I want them to be fully removed (full excision) but want to know the risk of scarring? They are placed one on my cheek, on above my lip and one below my lip. They are all brown and slightly raised. Also how long will it take to heal after the surgery?

Several methods are available nowadays for the removal of moles, like cryosurgery, excisional biopsy, electro cautery, cold freezing to name a few. It may cause scarring but then is there is any extensive scarring then plastic surgery can be done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.