Dermatology Expert Forum
Facial Rash
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Facial Rash

I have had some severe bouts with asthma in the past.Last summer I was given prednisone to take in decreasing dosages.  I've had break outs when taking this medication however this time the rash did not go away.  It is centered around my nose mouth and chin, The bumps are red and at times have been very painful. They also occur behind my ears and my upper eye lids. I was prescribed elocone however I've developed an allergic reaction to it.  

What can I do?  This has been going on for almost a year.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Milini:

I have to be honest and say that I don't know what kind of break out your describing and whether it is related to the prednisone.  Sometimes oral cortisone produces a rash similar to rosacea which can respond to topical or oral antibiotics.  He may want to consult a dermatologist about this.

Good luck.

Dr. R
6 Comments
Blank
I would like to go for a facial waxing to remove facial hair. I would like to know if I will breakout in a rash as I am getting married in one weeks time? Please advise.
Blank
I would like to go for a facial waxing to remove facial hair. I would like to know if I will breakout in a rash as I am getting married in one weeks time? Please advise.
Blank
242489_tn?1210500813
I suggest you have them do it very gently to minimize any inflammation of the follicles.  This always goes away, but looks red for a few days, which of course you want to avoid in your current situation.

Congratulations!

Dr. R
Blank
i'm an hiv and have a rash on my face at times,which get itchey,  no there all the time.butwhen it comes it sore.what shall i do?
Blank
is there any known cure yet for seborrheic dermatitis?ive had this for 10 years if not is there any tips to go with?its always on my face
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker