Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
Facial Sores Around Mouth & Nose
For the past several months I've been dealing with blisters or ulcers that reappear around my lips and nostrils.  I don't know if there is any correlation to stress, menstrual, or something else.  I've tried Abreva (sp?) and that seems to burn them so I don't use it.  An antifungal cream seems to help but not when it is full blown and it seems to be spreading outward.  From what I have read I don't think it is herpes.  My dematologist can't see me until May 2010!  And this seems to be worsening and I don't want to spread it to others.  What do you suggest?  Do you have an idea as to what it is?  At first I thought they were pimples or ace (at 48 I still suffer from that), but the liquid is clear when I mistakenly squished one which probably made it spread.  Several years ago on a cruise I suffered from sun poisoning - first time ever and it was on the upper lip and was horrible.  Could this be related?  Please help!
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
It sounds like perioral dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis like acne is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis. It mostly effects women and appear around the nose, mouth and eyes. Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
563773 tn?1374250139
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank