Dermatology Expert Forum
Facial bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Facial bumps
I am 51 and about two years ago noticed a white bump that looked like a whitehead on my face....I used acne medication..but it never went away...finally went to a derm.. and she said it was a keratosis..cut it off ....now I am getting them all over my face...went to another derm and she sprayed a freeze agent (I think) on them....Nutin happened.....why are these stupid little bumps appearing on my face?....This is irritating..I want them OFF
She also said I have roseaca....and gave me a gel...this has helped my ruddy complexion....however, it does nothing for these little white bumps.. My next appt. with derm isn't till FOUR months, thanks to my HMO...Is there anything I can apply to my face for them, in the meantime, to make them DISAPPEAR?? Also what brand of Make-Up would be ok to use with Roseaca.???
Carol:

If your dermatologist froze these " white bumps, " they probably considered them keratoses.  These are growths which come over time and which are often hereditary.  To be honest, there is no cream which makes them go way.  If they trouble you much as they apparently do, you may have to have them frozen off with some regularity.  If that doesn't work, light desiccation with an electric needle ( a minor procedure!) usually works, and leaves no scars.

I will say that although I see a great many people with facial keratoses, I don't see any who get them so often that they need to take care of them more often than once a year, if that.

As for rosacea, you can use any makeup you wish.  You might want to look into a green-tinted foundation, which covers red more easily and standard flesh tones do.

Best.

Dr. R
i have cysts all over my face what can i do also on my body.b
Rudy:

You'll need to see a doctor, I think, to see what kind of cysts they are.  Then they can figure out what to do with them.

Dr. R
Ive had these all my life all they do is cut & remove them. always have scars .runs in the family . Have taken anti-biotics
of all sorts . Either they just sit there or will get  irrated
and grow like enormous , very painful . any treatment at all
would help. Always don't get them all always have little ones around. oh been to numerous derms. Alot of certifcates.
I went to a dermatoligist yesterday because I have been breaking out with little bumps all over my forehead which have now spread down the the temples, behind my ears and most recently, the cheek area and back of my neck and shoulders. The doctor said I had sebacious hyperplasia and there was nothing I could do about it. I have not been able to find any info. Can you help me to understand what I have? I'm 48 and no one in my family has this problem.
My sister and I have both had a history of little white, hard bumps/cysts/pimples on our faces.  Turns out we only get them when we use any product with lanolin in it.  If you use a sterile needle to break open the surface of a skin/bump, you can excise them, they bleed a little, they go away forever (if you don't use a product with lanolin again.
Jan
I seem to get this pimple like rash on my face and neck more so in the winter.  Is this from dry skin or could it be from the moisturizer I'm using?
I HAVE SEVERAL BUMPS UNDER MY CHIN THAT HAVE BEEN THEIR FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW.  I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO MAKE THEM GO AWAY BUT NOTHING IS WORKING. IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY SKIN? IS IT INFECTED? WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE OF THESE BUMPS? THE BUMPS HAVE WHITE PUSS IN THEM,THEIR NOT SORE AT ALL,AND MY CHIN IS RED.
I have had this rash on my face for about 6 months now. It is on my forehead, nose, cheeks, chin and neck. It is always there. It is just little bumps everywhere! Sometimes they get red and itch, and other times they are skin color. But my face feels like sandpaper. I have been to doctors and nobody has solved the problem. I have been on Retin-A and topical Eurthromycin but neither have done anything except make my face real dry. I haven't seen a dermatologist yet ... but am calling to make an appointment today. Anybody have any ideas as to what the deal is with my face?

Thanks.
I've also been diagnosed w/ sebacious hyperplasia on my face and cant find ANY info. on this.  Has anyone found a way to get rid or it?  Can it be removed w/ a laser?
My wife has been told that the "adult acne" is Roseaca.  She and I are now wondering what the next step is in getting rid of this problem.  Do we go to the doctor, or is there an over the counter medicine that will work just as good?  What is the most effective procedure for this, and how much does it cost.  I would really appreciate anything you have on this, my wife's self esteem is slowly dropping, and I don't know how to help her.
A related discussion, Rosacea medicines? was started.
A related discussion, Help! was started.
A related discussion, Reoccurring large red chin sore was started.
A related discussion, Help! My skin is a mess! was started.
A related discussion, bump on forehead was started.
A related discussion, White bumps on face was started.
A related discussion, a Bump just appeared on my Face :| was started.