Facial hair

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Facial hair

My goatee has always been thick and dark for years, then all of a sudden I got a round patch in it. Initially I thought it was bald but it turns out it came back in thinner and white hairs. Now it has spread below my chin and now it's getting patchy white hairs randomly.now my girlfriend has noticed that I'm getting small round spots in my hair!! Please help!

This discussion is related to Facial hair not re-growing after shaving beard.
You may be suffering from Tinea Capitis or Ringworm (fungal infection) of the scalp. Ringworm is a fungal skin infection that occurs on the face, body or scalp. The symptoms of Ringworm or Tinea Capitis include a dry itchy scalp, scaling, crusting, inflamed nodules, hair loss and tender enlarged lymph nodes on the neck.

To confirm the diagnosis you should get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers