Facial redness and heat

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Facial redness and heat

I haver never had a problem with any type of facial flushing, redness, or skin feeling hot. A couple months ago my father was hospitalized and this is were it seemed to all start. I always had a problem with psoriasis on my knee's and elbows and I don't know if this is a form of it but I did get little plaques on my face that are gone now but the redness is still there. It is on my cheeks and one side is always worse then the other. I don't know what I should do, I have gone to a dermatologist and they did not think it was rosacea but after after giving me different types of medication and nothing working they thought it could be a mild condition especially when I notice some triggers causing me to flush. I am only 19 years old and first year in college which is making it extremely tough. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I tried metrogel for a couple days but I stopped because I thought it was making it worse but I hear that you have to try it for at least a week.

Thanks!
anyone?
Metro gel can take like a month to work I heard. Try splashing your face with cold water. Take barley warm showers.

Try to avoid the triggers that make you flush. Nothing spicy, no alcohol, ...prob no caffiene. It can also be stressed related.

You def should ask the dermatoligist how long you should use the metro gel, what products you can use over it. How long you should use it before you need to try something else.

Also, you can put some makeup over it. Like I said, I would def go back to the derm and ask lots of questions.
From the symptoms that you have described, it sounds like roscaea. Rosacea is a cutaneous disorder of the central part of the face such as forehead, cheeks, nose and chin.
Treatment options vary from antibiotic creams, antihistaminics, sun screens to laser treatment.A dermatologist’s evaluation will be the best in differentiating whether it is rosacea or not.Other possibilities are seborrheic dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis(less likely).

My sincere advice is to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and discuss these treatment options.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for the great information, is it strange if some days only one side of my face is affected with the heat and redness?