Fibers Pulling From Skin
I have a problem with picking my skin lately. While doing this I was using a needle and found that I could pull out cotton like fibers from underneath the skin. Basically anywhere on my body that I picked I could do this. It kinda grossed me out but mostly scared me. I do not think its that morgellons because I do not feel like there are parasites or do not see colorful fibers comming out out my skin i just see what looks like cotton fibers on the end of the needle when i have been picking. I created wounds by checking other parts of my body to see if it was there to. So these are not wounds that just showed up. The only thing I could think it may be are collagen fibers or elastin fibers from the dermis but I am not sure if they would be visible to the naked eye. But this has been bothering me alot can you shed some light on this?
does no one have any information about this?
i think i may know what these fibers are. i believe they are collagen fiber or other natural fibers of the skin. they also sometimes appear in scabs sometimes. but not scabs that form on their own just ones that i inflict from picking. and i read that scabs are made from fibers. if i am incorrect please inform me.
I just pulled a fiber like this from a scab on my shoulder from surgery. It really bugged me out. It was white and looked more like a small cotton thread. When I pulled the "thread" it ripped the same way a cotton fiber would. So far, I've picked 4 separate small scabs with two cotton fiber roots each.

It's not Morgellins, it's a surgical scar, they aren't different colors and I don't feel like there are any bugs on or in my body. The scabs aren't just appearing either. They are from surgery.  

I honestly just want to know if this is normal? or what the fibers are...I am interested. Not scared. I dont' think I'm sick.
I had the same thing and was curious as to what it was. I found this; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/patientinstructions/000741.htm

Red the part where it talks about how scabs heal.

Thank goodness I know what it is now because the only reason I picked at it was because I thought something was wrong and I needed to be rid of the fibers. I hope this link helps you.