Dermatology Community
Fibers Pulling From Skin
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fibers Pulling From Skin

I have a problem with picking my skin lately. While doing this I was using a needle and found that I could pull out cotton like fibers from underneath the skin. Basically anywhere on my body that I picked I could do this. It kinda grossed me out but mostly scared me. I do not think its that morgellons because I do not feel like there are parasites or do not see colorful fibers comming out out my skin i just see what looks like cotton fibers on the end of the needle when i have been picking. I created wounds by checking other parts of my body to see if it was there to. So these are not wounds that just showed up. The only thing I could think it may be are collagen fibers or elastin fibers from the dermis but I am not sure if they would be visible to the naked eye. But this has been bothering me alot can you shed some light on this?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
does no one have any information about this?
Blank
i think i may know what these fibers are. i believe they are collagen fiber or other natural fibers of the skin. they also sometimes appear in scabs sometimes. but not scabs that form on their own just ones that i inflict from picking. and i read that scabs are made from fibers. if i am incorrect please inform me.
Blank
I just pulled a fiber like this from a scab on my shoulder from surgery. It really bugged me out. It was white and looked more like a small cotton thread. When I pulled the "thread" it ripped the same way a cotton fiber would. So far, I've picked 4 separate small scabs with two cotton fiber roots each.

It's not Morgellins, it's a surgical scar, they aren't different colors and I don't feel like there are any bugs on or in my body. The scabs aren't just appearing either. They are from surgery.  

I honestly just want to know if this is normal? or what the fibers are...I am interested. Not scared. I dont' think I'm sick.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...