Aa
A
A
Close
Fibers Pulling From Skin
I have a problem with picking my skin lately. While doing this I was using a needle and found that I could pull out cotton like fibers from underneath the skin. Basically anywhere on my body that I picked I could do this. It kinda grossed me out but mostly scared me. I do not think its that morgellons because I do not feel like there are parasites or do not see colorful fibers comming out out my skin i just see what looks like cotton fibers on the end of the needle when i have been picking. I created wounds by checking other parts of my body to see if it was there to. So these are not wounds that just showed up. The only thing I could think it may be are collagen fibers or elastin fibers from the dermis but I am not sure if they would be visible to the naked eye. But this has been bothering me alot can you shed some light on this?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
does no one have any information about this?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i think i may know what these fibers are. i believe they are collagen fiber or other natural fibers of the skin. they also sometimes appear in scabs sometimes. but not scabs that form on their own just ones that i inflict from picking. and i read that scabs are made from fibers. if i am incorrect please inform me.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I just pulled a fiber like this from a scab on my shoulder from surgery. It really bugged me out. It was white and looked more like a small cotton thread. When I pulled the "thread" it ripped the same way a cotton fiber would. So far, I've picked 4 separate small scabs with two cotton fiber roots each.

It's not Morgellins, it's a surgical scar, they aren't different colors and I don't feel like there are any bugs on or in my body. The scabs aren't just appearing either. They are from surgery.  

I honestly just want to know if this is normal? or what the fibers are...I am interested. Not scared. I dont' think I'm sick.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had the same thing and was curious as to what it was. I found this; http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/patientinstructions/000741.htm

Red the part where it talks about how scabs heal.

Thank goodness I know what it is now because the only reason I picked at it was because I thought something was wrong and I needed to be rid of the fibers. I hope this link helps you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources