Fibroepithelial polyps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Fibroepithelial polyps

I have been diagnosed with fibroepithelial polyps of the vagina entrance, cervix and under the tongue, which developed after an unprotected sexual encounter. It is believed I was also infected with herpes in both these locations at this same time. Does anybody have ANY info at all about polyps. I have been told they are harmless (and not linked to herpes) and not to worry about them, but it is very distressing as they have grown and multiplied in number over the last year. My body does not feel like my own any more and I don't want to think about the state I'll be in in a few years if these continue to pop up and grow at the rate that they have been doing. Some sort of infection has obviously caused them to start - and to still be growing and developing new ones. I wish I knew what is triggering them. ANY info will be helpful. Thanks.
Tags: polyps, vagina polyps, fibroepithelial polyps, oral polyps, tongue polyps, genital polyps, Cervical polyps, Herpes
  • sore in nose (1 replies):
    Iv had a sore in my nose for a long time now, Iv seen nu...[more]
  • nasal polyps (1 replies):
    I have what a growth just inside my left nasal cavity th...[more]
  • Polyps (1 replies):
    Hi I have a growth like a polyp near my nipple since I w...[more]
  • can you help me? (1 replies):
    I have a couple of small bumps on my butt next to my anu...[more]
  • what is polyps (1 replies):
    hi good morning i'm 19 years, and i have these small lit...[more]

Fibroepithelial polyps are basically skin tags that forms primarily in areas where the skin forms creases, such as the neck, armpit, and groin. They are more common in people who are overweight, have diabetes  and in pregnant women and infections do not cause them.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.