Dermatology Community
Fibroepithelial polyps
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fibroepithelial polyps

I have been diagnosed with fibroepithelial polyps of the vagina entrance, cervix and under the tongue, which developed after an unprotected sexual encounter. It is believed I was also infected with herpes in both these locations at this same time. Does anybody have ANY info at all about polyps. I have been told they are harmless (and not linked to herpes) and not to worry about them, but it is very distressing as they have grown and multiplied in number over the last year. My body does not feel like my own any more and I don't want to think about the state I'll be in in a few years if these continue to pop up and grow at the rate that they have been doing. Some sort of infection has obviously caused them to start - and to still be growing and developing new ones. I wish I knew what is triggering them. ANY info will be helpful. Thanks.
Tags: polyps, vagina polyps, fibroepithelial polyps, oral polyps, tongue polyps, genital polyps, Cervical polyps, Herpes