Dermatology Expert Forum
Fibroma?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Fibroma?

Hello,
I noticed a tiny growth on my outer thigh about eight weeks ago.  I picked at it and it went flat and then started to heal.  When it started to heal, the area started to sprout a white growth.  Assuming it was a pimple I picked at it, it went flat and started to heal over again.  Both times, it was unsqueeable, I could only scrape it off.  Once again it started to heal.  As it was the white growth started to come back again.  It looked white like a pimple, red around the outside but couldn't squeeze.  My doctor said it was an ingrown hair.  I put warm compresses on it trying to get the hair out.  In the process the white top of the growth came off but as it began to heal, the white nodule/cyst? grew back again!!  It is about 1mm high and and maybe 2mm wide.  I finally got fed up with it and went to a different doctore as mine was away.  The doctor I went too said it was a fibroma or a skin cyst, put some nitrogen on it and now I am waiting for it to fall off.  My family doctor said it is a fibroma but she wouldn't have done this because it's better to cut them out so they can be tested.  Now, I am scared to death that this could have been melanoma and I will never know because excision now is too late and if acting in haste I now take the chance of something spreadig throughout me.  Why do I worry about this?...lots of sun damage.  Any help you could offer would be terrific.