Dermatology Expert Forum
Finger Tip is dry and cracked.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Finger Tip is dry and cracked.

My pointer finger on my left hand, is dry and cracked (and sore).
I use a skin softener, vaseline and vaseline intensive care. nothing seems to work.It is only this one finger. what can I do ?
Ron:

This sounds like eczema, rather than just dryness.  Perhpas you should try over-the-counter hydrocortisone twice a day for a week or two. If that fails, consult a dermatologist for either a stronger prescription or alternate diagnosis (?allergy to something you're touching.)

Best.

Dr. R
MY FINGERS ARE FREQUENTLY DRY AND CRACKED AS WELL. RECENTLY I TRIED A PRODUCT CALLED "NUSKIN" THAT IS MADE BY MEDTECH LABS IN JACKSON, WY--IT LOOKS AND SMELLS LIKE NAIL POLISH AND YOU CAN APPLY IT TO CRACKS ON YOUR FINGERS AND IT ACTS LIKE GLUE--OTHER THAN THAT, YOU CAN APPLY A THICK VASELINE LIKE GOO CALLED BAG BALM (I FOUND IT IN A DRUGSTORE) AND SLEEP WITH COTTON GLOVES ON (ALSO AVAILABLE AT MOST DRUGSTORES)  GOOD LUCK!
October 24th, I had an appointment with my dermatologist for white spots on my legs, arms and chest and rashes on the back of my neck and under my breast.  He told me I had, "Ideopathic Guttate Hypomolanosis," what is it?  I don't believe it has anything to do with my age (over 45).  Please, Help.  Thank you.Ideopathic Guttate Hypomolanosis
I was recently diagnosed with Solar Elastosis.  I have a history of basal cell carcinoma twice in the past.  I'm wondering if there is any precancerous potential for solar elastosis.  Also, what is the treatment and prognosis?
Due to allergies, I'm trying to find the contents of Nuskin. Does anyone know what's in it?
A related discussion, 'dry cracked finger' continued was started.