Finger pain
I work with a kiln and have poked my fingers before on the stilts. Recently, I poked my index finger and thought it healed. But then I saw a blister like growth and there was extreme pain only on contact with another surface. I cut it and let it bleed out some and that helped for a few days, then the blister returned and it still is quite painful upon contact with surfaces. Is it some kind of infection? It has not spread, any help is appreciated.
From the symptom of recurrence of blister, I would like to rule out herpetic whitlow and osler’s nodes. Herpetic whitlow is a painful viral infection occurring on the fingers or around the fingernails. Herpetic whitlow is caused by infection with the herpes simplex virus (HSV). Osler’s nodes are painful, red, raised lesions on the palms and soles. They are associated with a number of conditions, including infective endocarditis. I would suggest a dermatologist’s and physician’s evaluation for the same.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.