Fingernails growing up and away from finger bed
I used to bite my fingernails, and one of my teachers warned me that my fingernails would start growing up instead of straight out and over the ridge of my finger. Well, I think that's happened.

My nails seem to bend upward as they grow, away from my finger beds. It looks rather funny and I file my nails down as often as possible to make it look as best as it can.

Is there any way to remedy this problem? Can fingernails be trained to grow downward?

It sounds like spoon shaped nails which is due to koilonychia. Koilonychia is usually caused by iron deficiency anemia.These nails show raised ridges and are thin and concave.I would suggest that you get your Hb levels estimated and also take some iron supplements for some days.If the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.