DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
Fish eye disease on the bottom of the foot
by wen560, May 15, 2011
What 's the side effect of the fish eye disease on the bottom of the foot?
How to control the fish eye disease on the bottom of the foot?
Is that serious case for the life?
Member Comments (2)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, May 20, 2011
Fish eye or clavus disease is a thickening of the skin due to intermittent pressure and frictional forces which causes chronic pain. Clinically it appears like hyperkeratosis skin. Apply lots of moisturising lotion and vit E on the hands. Place protective covering or bandages over the sore to decrease friction on the skin until the sore heals. Rub sandpaper disks or pumice stone over hard thickened regions. Soak feet or hands in warm soapy water to soften the hard sores. Then rub with a pumice stone and apply some moisturizer.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

If still the sores persist, then go in for removal by surgical means or with keratolytic agents (medicines that break up hardened areas of skin). Shaving or cutting off the hardened area on the skin by a doctor is also helpful.

by gizzeluv, Jan 29, 2012
try it it works