Fixed drug eruption on Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Fixed drug eruption on Penis

I had a lesion on the right hand side of  the glans (glands) penis . I had it diagnosed and it was determined to be on account
of a fixed drug eruption . A few weeks later it occurred again .  I was consuming ornidazoe,ofloxcin based Verokill-O for a stomach infection on  both the occasions when it happened and doctor told me to go off the medication right away .  It healed within a week on both times.

It has been a week since I had it the last time . The lesion has gone but  I am now faced with burning and itching feeling on the glans (glands) .
Sexual Intercourse is painful too because of the burning sensation . During the intercourse ,the glans (glands) looks spotted and red and the tissue on the neck is red and swollen.

What is it that I am looking at and what is the a treatment ?  

Thank you!
From the symptoms that you have described, it can be due to friction rub after dermatitis or some fungal infection. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also wear cotton undergarments and take some antihistaminic like Benadryl. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.