Flakey skin on face, strange dry on neck.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I'm a 21 year old male who's had seasonal skin problems for the past decade. Winter time the skin on my face will get very dry and flake, I am prescribed many things by my dermatologist and none of them seem to work! I am prescribed, Eucerin (over counter) Betamethazone 0.1% and 0.5%, and hydrocortizone 0.2%. I was suggested to wash with a natural soap so I moved to an olive oil based soap made for dry skin and exzema (eczema) with little to no success. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas?

And now where it gets interesting...
On my neck it is also very dry and looks like it's been burnt when it's dry, it becomes very red, flaky (like small dandruff unlike the face which is clearly flaking), and it tends to crack if I dont moisturise every few hours. I have the eucerin for constant use and three times daily the Betamethazone 0.2%. Does anybody have any suggestions for this? From fall to spring I get very dry skin and it takes longer and longer every year for it to become better again (during summer). I also try to eat healthy, lots of water (4l a day), fruits and veggies..

Thanks!
JEB
You should try and use a cleanser - cream based daily. Use a mild face wash and avoid using astringents on your face and neck.
You should try and drink plenty of water to maintain adequate hydration and use olive oil to keep your skin moist at least twice daily.
Avoid smoking and alcohol. Sleep well and try not to use soap on your face and neck. use a soap free cleanser or face wash.
Do you have a dry scalp or dandruff?
Supplement your diet with multi vitamins and minerals to make up for any deficiencies in your diet.
If the symptoms still persist consult your skin specialist.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.