Dermatology Community
Flaky Red Patches on My Face
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Flaky Red Patches on My Face

I am in my late 50's and haven't really ever had skin problems, except for a pimple here and there.   Now I seem to have red flaky patches on my face.  My forehead has always gotten red when I cried and now it is always red with some peeling and flakes. I don't have skin problems anywhere else on my body.  I wonder what this is and if it is stress related?  What can I do for it?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Your symptoms are suggestive of seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky, dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face.
Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Hello,
try using petroleum jelly before going to bed......it really works
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity