Dermatology Expert Forum
Flaky genital area skin
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Flaky genital area skin

I was abstinent from all sexual activity for nearly a year, until about a month ago. A few days after our encounter, he told me he was having an itchy rash in his crotch area, that had occured before but gone away. He went to the doctor and was tested for herpes even though there were no blisters. And it came back negative for genital herpes (HPV-2).

However, a few days later, I had an odd tingling/light itching sensation start comming and going for 3-5minutes at a time, and then I started noticing dry/flakey skin start appearing underneath my pubic hair. It now also appears on the side of my scrotum.

Here's 3 pictures of the skin condition: http://photos.yahoo.com/iromeoi_2000

Please let me know what you think it is and how I should resolve it. It doesn't itch anymore, it just is unsightly. Please let me know and post any follow up questions for information you may need. Thanks.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Your photographs are impressively sharp, but I can't tell from them what you have.  What I can say is that they look nothing like herpes, and don't remind me of any STD, either.  For proper diagnosis and treatment, however, you're going to need to show the rash to a skin doctor.  Sorry I can't be more definitive.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
4 Comments
Blank
PS. Also his doctor said his skin condition might've only been follictis (spelling?) or something. I've looked up photos on google, and cannot find anything that particularly looks like mine...

If it was passed between us, would it have to be fungul of some sort? But wouldn't something fungal be persistent for him? Maybe my encounter with him had nothing to do with it?
Blank
242489_tn?1210500813
Doesn't look fungal.  Folliculitis isn't catchy.  Your encounter may well have nothing to do with it.

Dr. Rockoff
Blank
Most likely what would a dermatologist do other than look at it for a diagnosis, if I was in-office? The photos were as detailed as I could get them.

Just based on looks, would you think it's something that could/would clear up on it's own, or something that would likely need to be medicated?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker