Dermatology Expert Forum
Flaky itchy crusty spots on Scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Flaky itchy crusty spots on Scrotum
Hi there, I am 37 years old and have this strange rash/irritation on my scrotum for about a year now, it itches a little, it looks like streaks at the base of my scrotum kinda in a line and is white and flakey and it can get crusty, I have tried hyrocrtisone creams, psorisen gel, lamisil, neosporin, but nothing seems to clear it up it takes the itchyness away but it is still there, if I dont use the cream it itches more and gets crusty and flaky. I never had any redness or red spots, no lesions our puss filled spots. I am a little worried about this and it is stressing me out a little, What might this be? is this an STD?? I have been with one girl for 1 1/2 years and I have never had anything like this before in my life. Please help.

MBIndiana
This sounds like an irritation or eczema.  It does not sound like any STD.  My advice is to leave it alone and show it to a doctor in person.  That's the only way you're going to find out what it is and be able to get it off your mind (and body.)

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff