Dermatology Expert Forum
Flaky itchy crusty spots on Scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Flaky itchy crusty spots on Scrotum

Hi there, I am 37 years old and have this strange rash/irritation on my scrotum for about a year now, it itches a little, it looks like streaks at the base of my scrotum kinda in a line and is white and flakey and it can get crusty, I have tried hyrocrtisone creams, psorisen gel, lamisil, neosporin, but nothing seems to clear it up it takes the itchyness away but it is still there, if I dont use the cream it itches more and gets crusty and flaky. I never had any redness or red spots, no lesions our puss filled spots. I am a little worried about this and it is stressing me out a little, What might this be? is this an STD?? I have been with one girl for 1 1/2 years and I have never had anything like this before in my life. Please help.

MBIndiana
Tags: irritable
This sounds like an irritation or eczema.  It does not sound like any STD.  My advice is to leave it alone and show it to a doctor in person.  That's the only way you're going to find out what it is and be able to get it off your mind (and body.)

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff