Flaky rash behind ear

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Flaky rash behind ear

I have a recently developed a flaky rash behind my ear, sometimes itchy and was oozy when it was first developed but is very dry now. Ive been using E45 cream on it to try and make it better but to no luck, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
This could be due to allergic or irritant Contact dermatitis.Contact dermatitis is the name for any skin inflammation that occurs when the skin's surface comes in contact with a substance originating outside the body.
It could be a reaction to some cosmetic or perfume you have used.OR anything which you have a predisposition to react to.
The symptoms can take many forms: redness, itching, crusting, swelling, blistering, oozing, dryness, scaliness.
The best treatment for contact dermatitis is to identify the allergen or irritating substance and avoid further contact with it. If the culprit is, for instance, a cosmetic, avoidance is a simple matteru could apply Calamine lotion on the area and take oral anti-histamines for the rash and associated itching.In severe cases a mild Cortisone cream can be applied to it.
ref:http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/topic100586656