Flare up/Rash looks like mosquito bites very itchy and gets bigger then...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Flare up/Rash looks like mosquito bites very itchy and gets bigger then goes away

Just for the past week I've been getting these random flare ups where it feels like I got a mosquito bite...then all of a sudden that "bite" is joined by like 3-10 and they swell up and they itch like crazy.  I get them on my back, my lower back, buttocks, and legs.  I got one on my face the other day on my chin and it was just a single one.  I have not been eating anything new or different, have not used anything new or different that i can think of.  I get them after I bathe in bath tub. sometimes after shower, and at the gym.  They go away after about an hour.  I have been getting them daily for the past 5 days.  They stop itching when i use hydrocortisone. but I dont want them coming back!  
What you seem to be having is called hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

The mainstay of treatment of hives is antihistamines which may be necessary for prolonged periods (in excess of 6 weeks). You can take non-sedating antihistamines such as Cetirizine(Zyrtec) or Loratadine(Claritin). Sedating antihistamines such as Chlorphenamine or Hydroxyzine are used at night to get urticaria control. Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms.Also apply calamine lotion and mild steroid cream on the rashes.
You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. It helps stabilize mast cells so they are less likely to release histamine.

If the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist.

I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
i have the same thing. it started yesterday on my leg and then went away after a few hrs. then appeared on my arms before going to bed. and after i showered this morning it appeared worse. throughout the day it has spread sometimes not raised and others very big..i am on drill team at my high school and have team pictures tomorrow. i really hope it doesnt appear on my face..:/
Ive had hives before, and yesterday when I was at work I started to feel itchy down by my buttocks and back legs. First it started on one side, then went to the other. When I got home I yanked down my drawers and saw the big welts and man dont they itch like crazy! It makes the rest of my body itch but no welts in other places. I thought maybe spider bite but have no idea how it could of gotten up my pants? Doesnt exactly look like spider bites either. I havent eaten anything new or used anything new for detergant. Im rather concerned and I really dont think its hives, but could b wrong.
So I woke up one day with three mosquito like bites, throughout the past week i have been getting more. It spread to my back, legs, stomach, neck and one on my face. The doctors do not know what it is. And it is so itchy!!! I have them still and I have tried different creams and it's just not working ):