Dermatology Expert Forum
Flat, white rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Flat, white rash
I have developed over the past month or two an itchy rash on the insides of my forearms and legs.  Unlike most skin rashes, it appears as white, circular, barely raised areas on the skin about the size of a pencil eraser.  I have already eliminated fragrances from as many products as possible (lotions, laundry detergents, etc.) and there is nothing new in my lifestyle or diet.  Have you seen this before and do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Judie
Judie:

Hard to say.  It may be a form of eczema, which usually does not follow lifestyle changes but may produce lightening of affected skin.  Try using over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone plus an itch lotion like Sarna or Benadryl.  If those don't help, visit a dermatologist.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
k
k
Doctor what do you use for treat acid marks on your neck and face , that like come from drinking to many sodas.
I recently developed a flat white rash under my chin and on the bottom of my chin it doesn't itch, but my skin is dark except for where this rash has appeared, I have been applying 1% cortizone ointment, I am sensitive to benadryl are there any other products you might suggest to help?
A related discussion, Skin disease was started.