Dermatology Expert Forum
Flat, white rash
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Flat, white rash

I have developed over the past month or two an itchy rash on the insides of my forearms and legs.  Unlike most skin rashes, it appears as white, circular, barely raised areas on the skin about the size of a pencil eraser.  I have already eliminated fragrances from as many products as possible (lotions, laundry detergents, etc.) and there is nothing new in my lifestyle or diet.  Have you seen this before and do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Judie
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Judie:

Hard to say.  It may be a form of eczema, which usually does not follow lifestyle changes but may produce lightening of affected skin.  Try using over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone plus an itch lotion like Sarna or Benadryl.  If those don't help, visit a dermatologist.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
4 Comments
Blank
k
Blank
Doctor what do you use for treat acid marks on your neck and face , that like come from drinking to many sodas.
Blank
I recently developed a flat white rash under my chin and on the bottom of my chin it doesn't itch, but my skin is dark except for where this rash has appeared, I have been applying 1% cortizone ointment, I am sensitive to benadryl are there any other products you might suggest to help?
Blank
A related discussion, Skin disease was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker