Flat brown pigmented splotch in groin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Flat brown pigmented splotch in groin

Last week I noticed a dime-sized flat brown pigmented splotch on my upper right thigh in my groin area.  It is almost round and does not itch.  It is not scaly.  I have been married seven years and am in a monogamous relationship.  I am wondering if this is some type of skin infection such as tinea versiclor, even though it does not look like it does in pictures I've seen.  Can anyone offer advice as to what this spot could be?
-2 Comments Post a Comment
tinea versicolor causes lack of pigment, not darkening.

this may be a seborrheic keratosis. (age spot)

is it new? has it changed in anyway?
the size could be worrisome. the abcd's of melanoma state that anything bigger than a pencil eraser should be evaluated.

A couple of months ago I started noticing on my upper thigh area that I was getting 2 brown circles that were flat.  Now they have both grown to a quarter size circle and I see 3 new little ones coming in.  I'm 41 years old and I don't have age spots anywhere else on my body and everywhere I have read it said it is common to have them on your arms and face.  

Any idea what this could be?

Thanks for your time,
look up seborrheic keratosis. i am pretty confidant that is what you may have. they are age related growths. benign and simply a cosmetic nuisance. they can come up anywhere including your scalp and are very very common after 30 years of age if you have spent any amount of time in the sun
Thank you for your response.  I went to my ob gyn for my annual and had told him about it and he thought that I was too young for age spots, so once he took a look at them he said 'Oh nothing to worry about, they are, I like to call them "maturity spots"!  lol  So they are age spots, which they have not grown any larger since.  He said just be happy theres not one on the end of my nose.....quite charming isn't he?

I still will look up seborrheic Keratosis.

Again thanks for responding
I had a little growth on my head and I told by three doctors at VA that it was nothing.  Well a year of that and I went to my wife's derm.  It was cancer.   Melonamo.  I went thur hell with it and still going thur hell.  Get it check out again.
I seem to be getting more little brown freckle like spots on my inner upper thigh, Im 50 yrs old and have medium skin color.  What causes these spots and can I get rid of them?
hi i have the same problem, i have this one small black wart like on my right groin?... im not sure if this is wart.... coz i don't want to conclude. i have also age spot on my face... it is oval flat shape and gray color. im a youg adult and i am loyal to my bf. and i know my bf is same.... i'm so worried......

i notice my parents also have this on their neck????

pls give my reply