Flat brown spots on back
I have multiple flat brown spots on my back that keep growing in size for years now.  The biggest two spots are dark brown, but they look almost like my skin is translucent.  They don't itch or hurt and I have almost no feeling in the two largest spots.  They are extremely embarassing and I'd like to find out what to do before they do anymore damage.
Without examination it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but it can be lentigenes,hyperpigmentation skin(more likely),solar keratosis(small rough or scaly areas of skin due to damage from sun exposure) or seborrheis keratosis(small lumps due to a thickening of an area of the top skin layer).

In hyperpigmentation, darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin.

Treatment involves hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Pls discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
have you been to a doctor about them??...maybe just a problem with your pigment of your skin but i would deff go get them checked out just to be safe....
Hi! I know you posted in 2009, but I saw your picture and I have the same problem today. Mine are on my thighs (back of my thighs and some near the waist). Can you please let me know how this issue was resolved/current status? I can still wear skirts but have to say no to swimwear nowadays. Not the biggest worry in the world, but still I have to resolve this at some point. Thanks so much.