Dermatology Expert Forum
Flat warts on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Flat warts on face
i have flat warts on my forehead. What is the best treatment for them and also the best medicine you can prefer while they are on my face.
Oytun:

First, be sure they are flat warts; sometimes acne can look almost the same.

If they are warts, remember that they go away on their own if you wait long enough, and they aren't contagious.

Treatments include Retin-A (slow) and light electrocautery (works, but they often come back.)

Time is on your side.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I have the same problem. I have been to the derm and he put me on tagament the heart burn medicine. just yestereday i don't know if it will work i don't understand why he would try this but is 800 mg 3 a day i will let you know . I have them all over my forehead and the itch. i wanted to ask the doctor about tagement or see if any thing eles will work..
I have also tried lotison cream and it does take them away but they always seem to some back..
Some studies show that Tagamet (the heartburn medicine) works, but I don't find them very convincing, and taking pills for a long time for warts which will go away anyway never made a lot of sense to me.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
So You don't think that the tagament medicine will work.. Why is it when i put the lortison cream on it takes them away somewhat fades them a little .. I also was told about the retin a and efudex cream but my face was so sore and red i quit using that that is when he suggested the tagament medicine

How long until they will go away. I have another appt with a differnt dermatoligst for a second opinion in october
A related discussion, facial flat warts was started.
A related discussion, face warts was started.
A related discussion, flat wart on my face was started.
A related discussion, I have over 200 flat warts on my face was started.
A related discussion, flat warts and tagament was started.
A related discussion, i have  a big wart on my face was started.
A related discussion, Flat Warts on the Right Cheek was started.