Flat warts on hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Flat warts on hands

Does anyone have any experience with treating/eliminating flat warts on the hands and fingers? I noticed one on my wrist and then, after going to the doctor and starting to look closely under a light source, many of them on the backs of my hands and backs of fingers. He did an initial round of liquid nitrogen treatment which left a lot of blistering and nastiness...

BUT when I got home I noticed a bunch of tiny, hard to spot warts that he did not zap. Question: Does treating a good % of the flat warts on the hand somehow benefit or affect ones that were not directly zapped with liquid nitrogen? Or does each and every one need to be hit, probably multiple times?

My concern is that if it takes a few treatments, and if every wart needs to be nitrogen'ed, then I'm going to be walking around with like 80% of the skin on my hands blistering up in a monstrous way. Not an ideal scenario...

Has anyone had luck with medicines like Zyclara or Aldara for flat warts on the hands? I'd like to get rid of this problem as soon as possible so I don't feel like a pariah with warts on my hands, btu I also don't want to be walking around with huge burnt blisters that everyone asks about ;)
For larger flat warts, surgery may be necessary to remove the lesions. A famous surgical option would be that of laser. Although laser surgery is expensive, it has proven to be effective. The warts are physically burned off with the laser treatment. Another alternative treatment would be cauterization. In this procedure, the affected tissue is destroyed with a hot instrument.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.