Flesh-colored bump on upper lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Flesh-colored bump on upper lip

I have a small flesh-colored bump on my upper lip. Looking directly at my lips you can barely see it unless I stretch my lips and then it turns white against my lips. Its pretty flat, not raised. If I knick it (like running a hard chapstick across it), its tender, otherwise its painless. Its not a cold sore (I do get those so I know the difference). I can't figure out what it is! Its been on my lip for about 2 weeks now. I think it might be getting a little smaller, but not a whole lot. What could it be?
yup thats a coldsore alright

From the symptoms if it is found near the lining of the lip then it can be an irritated hair follicle. The other possibility however is of a cold sore. Pain, burning, tingling, or itching occurs at the infection site before the sores appear. Then clusters of blisters erupt which break down. You need to get some investigations like sample from the sores to identify the virus, culture analysis, Tzanck smear, antigen and antibody studies and blood sampling for antibody studies done to confirm the diagnosis. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Pretty sure I have the same thing. Ive looked all over online and have come up with everything from cancer to an std or a pimple. It seems to get smaller very slowly and isnt raised. I can barely notice it unless I stretch my lip then it looks white kinda like a scar. Its on the upper lip on the right side almost completely in the corner of my mouth. Its hard not to pick at and play with simply cause I know its there. Im not sure if its an std as I was tested last December and only had chlamydia wich I had cured long ago. From my understanding and research I guess is got something to do with sweat glands or hair follicles. Its strange thats for sure. But you pretty much described exactly wats goin on with me. If u find anything out email me at brent.r.***@****. if I find anything I will let u know.
Did any one find out what that bump was cuz I too think u have one
i have a bump on my forehead and one near my cheek. the one on the forehead was whitehead looking and after squeezing till it turned real red nothing came out. it is now flesh colored  all the white is gone. it seems to be round and been there for a while now like a year or so. is this something bad? im freaking out.