Fleshy Plugs Under Skin In Pores on Face
there is a spot on my nose that i've rubbed raw washing, trying to get these "things" out of my pores.  these are not whiteheads, nor blackheads.  these are clusters of white or fleshy hard and sticky plugs-- not filled with anything, but they stick straight out from the pores. They are not bumps.  If I rub the area w/ a towel they do not rub off at all.  I tried to remove one with tweezers, and it was very tacky (as in sticky)  and clearly goes deep under the skin.  Part of it broke off but I could still see that the pore was plugged and a day or two later top of the plug was sticking out again. i can't find ANYTHING online that looks like it.  
Does anyone have success with treating this with antifungals?

I'be read also about one more version about it - resistant staph infection cured with fucidin.

Please everyone suffering from this awful symptom update your treatment experience, etc. Let's find the reason and cure.
what about this? who has checked skin for that desease?:
Cutaneous leishmaniasis includes the following features:

Localized cutaneous leishmaniasis: Crusted papules or ulcers on exposed skin; lesions may be associated with sporotrichotic spread
Diffuse (disseminated) cutaneous leishmaniasis: Multiple, widespread nontender, nonulcerating cutaneous papules and nodules; analogous to lepromatous leprosy lesions
Leishmaniasis recidivans: Presents as a recurrence of lesions at the site of apparently healed disease years after the original infection, typically on the face and often involving the cheek; manifests as an enlarging papule, plaque, or coalescence of papules that heals with central scarring (ie, lesions in the center or periphery of an old healed leishmaniasis scar); relentless expansion at the periphery may cause significant facial destruction similar to the lupus vulgaris variant of cutaneous tuberculosis
Post–kala-azar dermal leishmaniasis: Develops months to years after the patient's recovery from visceral leishmaniasis, with cutaneous lesions ranging from hypopigmented macules to erythematous papules and from nodules to plaques; the lesions may be numerous and persist for decades
http://pan-am.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/leishmaniasis.jpg
I posted on this forum or a similar one a while back and I wanted to update you all on my progress. After a lot of research, I decided that my symptoms were most likely to be a form of mild malassezia folliculitis. Malassezia is a fungus that normally lives on people's skin, but can grow out of control with certain people, especially on very oily skin (mine).

I had a tough time with the doctors, who mostly told me I had acne. After several dermatologist visits I was finally diagnosed with seborrhic dermatitis and prescribed Ketaconazole shampoo. It helped some of my symptoms, but the white plugs still didn't go away. I still had no idea what they were and felt pretty hopeless about ever curing them.

After a lot more research I invested $30 in a 100x microscope. The plugs I saw were clear and looked like pictures of keratinous plugs I found online, with the exception that there were long, thin, clear strands growing out of them. I took this as evidence that I was looking at a fungus and the strands were its filaments.This gave me the confidence to go back to the doctor and request a ketaconazole cream. (First I tried an OTC cream for athlete's foot. This just clogged my pores and created more plugs, I think.)

I've been applying the ketaconazole cream twice a day. I'm also shampooing with ketaconazole shampoo in a wide area surrounding my scalp, changing my pillowcase every couple of days, being careful never to touch my face or scalp (this is hard), making sure to get enough sleep, not losing weight quickly (releases estrogen which increases sebum production and feeds the yeast. bad news.), and washing my face twice a day. This routine has actually restored much of my skin to a normative state. (The sebhoric dermatitis had given my face a puffy, red and bumpy look.)

I did some more research and found out that some cutting edge research is looking at oral probiotics for various skin conditions. Then I remembered that my skin condition started after I had taken several rounds of anti-biotics for various reasons. I thought restoring the balance of good bacteria in my body might help balance the yeast overgrowth. I purchased the kind of probiotic capsule that has an outer coating to make it through your stomach to your intestines. I can tell it's active because the effect is similar to eating a can of beans.

The number of plugs has decreased somewhat after a week of this treatment. They are also closer to the surface and easier to remove now. If they don't go away completely with the topical treatment, I will try to convince the dermatologist that I need an oral anti-fungal med. The tough part of this is convincing the doctors that they are a problem because the condition starts out as dozens of tiny white bumps that look innocuous. Of course when they surface later and become inflamed, removing them leaves a surprisingly deep hole in my face and usually a big scar.

I really hope the anti-fungals (and pro-biotics??) will continue to improve them.

For me, not knowing what is wrong with my skin (for three years!) was sort of the worst part. Now being pretty sure it's a fungus that is common and probably harmless to other people is a big relief.  Thanks everyone for your support.
So i ahve the same thing and one way that helped remove these is to get one of those facial scrub brushes...like on the proactive commercials. They sell ones that basically work like an electric toothbrush, I got just a manual one. It kinda looks like a huge toothbrush with a round head, well anyway it was like a dollar and it works really well!!!! I clean my face first (and use hot water) then just use mt little brush in a circular motion and soooo many come right out. You can actually wipe your face afterward and see the collection of little white balls its gross but kinda cool and satisfying. Everyone please give it a try! Im also excited to try probiotics to stop them from even forming!! Hopefully!
Update: also applying a yogurt mask of non-fat greek yogurt for 15 minutes at night has really helped.
Another update: My symptoms were definitely caused by Malassezia yeast. I've been able to manage my skin condition fairly well without medication by over the last few months by 1) Avoiding hot, humid environments for more than a couple of hours. Malassezia loves heat and humidity, and the best way I've found to improve my skin condition is to avoid letting my room get hot and humid while I sleep. 2) Avoiding skin care products containing oil. This is just feeding the yeast. 3) Using an oil-free soap containing sulfur seems to help a bit. But it's almost not necessary if I do steps 1 and 2.
Has the medicine worked? Was it a fungus?
I had a 2 week course of oral ketoconazole and course of oral fluconazole.

It did not help. (( Now I'm pretty sure it's not fungal.

Is it's possible do a biopsy or similar test to be sure before taking oral antifungals. They can be dangerous for the liver.

The leichmania version makes sense to me, as I googled the images and they look like our wounds.
Did I read correctly that you were diagnosed with discoid lupus? If so have you started any treatment and did it have an effect?
Healthiness,
I thought that might be discoid lupus because of plugs, but I made additional analyses and consulted a very professional and acknowledged rheumatologist and she said it's not discoid lupus and it's not rheumatic. But she did not know what that might be.

So unfortunately I still have this problem and no diagnosis. Recently I've  read about reactive perforating collagenosis, and think that might be smth similar but I don't know.
i had the analysis on leishmania of several types - nothing was found
Thannk you for your reply, it describes my situation exactly. My dad was on steriods for a lung condition which left his immune system wrecked. He was convinced he had these and we all thought maybe it was psycological but within the last 3 years I have had the exact symptoms you describe. My dad purchased medication ointments from china and he ended up with an amazing complexion after several years. He too had a regimine and wore out vaccum cleaners because he vaccumed every day and washed his sheets and pillow cases everyday. I became infested while taking care of my elderly mother in law. Good diet and sleep are very important to keep the immune system healthy. Once your immune system dips these can take over in lg numbers.
I have a severe primary immune deficiency, CVID, and my doctors believe it is what has caused my face issues.  So, your dad's course of steroids is very likely the cause of his condition.  

I believe that doctors should test more people for immune deficiency. It's not a standard test, but it should be. I don't respond to vaccines, and it's known that about 10% of the population doesn't respond to the Hep B vaccine.  This is only known because healthcare workers are tested for immunity.  HOWEVER, they do not test these healthcare workers for immune deficiencies.  The absence of a response to the Hep B vaccine was the first evidence of my deficiency, but it was shrugged off because "a lot of people don't respond to it".
Of course it appears I have a different condition than some who've posted in this forum. I have a combination of seborrheic dermatitis and keratin plugs in my pores that sometimes cause inflammation. Don't know if the yogurt mask would help or hurt any other condition.
i found out the info that skin type of leishmaniasis rarely can be found in a blood test, but here in russia we don't have a place to have skin tests for it. please, if anyone have a possibility to check it, try! maybe this is our problem
THank you for this post,.,.I have ONE sore with these Exact white stretchy plusg you are describing...It started by picking one cystic type thing on my face and it just wont heal, then I came across a post about those plugs and yep there they were in all their addictive stretchy glory..I can almost get it to heal if I apply MANUKA honey but or when it does it isn't really healed and is just a sore lump with thin skin,.,,i cant get all the plugs out..they are never ending and I am just scarring up my face.  I know its not fungus, I know its not a mite...it is exactly what you describe...I get other cystic type acne spots here and there...I don't touch them ..they go away..this one that I messed with has been here for months....it sort of slid down my face leaving a line like scar...as it healed the edge remained a sore and it sort of moved..but now that I discover the plugs  and mess with them the spot has stayed in the same spot , same size and I think would get better with the honey..but I just cant stop draining it because it is so painful when it swells...my doctor told me to try rubbing advil tablet on it when it swells up...it works amazing , take off the coating till the powder shows ( I get it damp) rub it on the swollen spot and within minutes it is flat...but plugs are still there...I think it stays because I mess with it.  I need this thing to heal..its been five months and I am too embarrassed to even go out..i used to cover it with make up...but that would inflame it so mucgh so now I find if I cover it with honey and leave it alone it nearly is gone...but I usually mess with it by day three because I think it is nearly healed and I irritate the heck out of it all over again..i am going to try again to not touch it...I removed a lot of plugs today...I will try honey for a week..and not pull out anything and see what happens..I suspect a staph infection on my skin or a streppachocal..and I think regular antibioticsa resist..Manuka honey can fight that....I just wanted to thank you for letting me know I am not the only one who KNOWS these things are way too big to be mites, are not in any way fibers and I think they are under EVERYONES skin,,but just ACT up due to stress or messing with a sore spot...and then are hell to fight...I FIRST heard about these plugs reading a piece called WHATS UNDER YOUR SCAB...check it out...  AGAIN thank you for your info...happy to know I am not alone.
I can SO relate to not wanting to go out in public.  I have MANY of these lesions on my face.  Try using colloidal silver as soon as anything starts to rear its ugly head. Use it liberally and put a bandaid over it at night.  I've also discovered that the covering that develops over these nasty creatures, makes it appear to be healing, but it is just more infection.  I didn't realize this in the beginning, and I'm now dealing with old, familiar lesions that are popping back up.

I've noticed that there are "trails" leading from one lesion to another.  At least part of mine started in my eyes.  I have deep, dark streaks across my face that originate on both sides of both eyes.  There is damage to my optic nerves, visual fields and vision in general.  The infection on the left side of my face is worse, and the damage to my left eye is more severe.

One thing I remember from the beginning of this infestation, is that for one HUGE lesion, I could grab one of the many plugs and pull it out.  It made a popping sound when it came out that scared the crap out of me.  I looked at it under magnification, and it scared the crap out of me even more.  

I'm immune deficient, and as bad as that is, it is actually helping me to get noticed more by the medical community.  I'll post anything that I find out... I'm seeing a new infectious disease doctor soon.
I think I agree with your staph infection theory...my husband is diabetic and got a serious strep infection in spine caused by a boil, and I got a boil for the first time ever on my face...this thing has still not gone away ,has those stretch white plugs and its been months...I do irritate it, but I find that if I touch ANY small pimple on my face it IMMEDIATLY turns into a HUGE lump...I don't even touch them..they go away..the ones I touch..one on my upper arm and the one on my face....OMG...months and months of no healing...the arm just is a sore lump that heals over and eventualy I break it open to try to drain...one finally healed one to go..the face one drives me nuts....but I have been using manuka honey to fight staph if it is there and WAS PULLING out those stretch plugs but I think I am just goijng to leave it alo9ne and maybe I twill heal...going to try the vinegar right away..thanks
these things are not mites...I don't believe that because my spot is localized to ONE small sore..I think it is staph infection..lowered immune etc...my husband  had boils from a serious staph infection that resulted in a more serious blood infection...anyway, my first Problem happened at the same time..and the boils are contagious..i don't know if the staph is still present but the sore is still there and I think that was the initial cause, I think it is your bodys response ..fighting itself sort of thing..Once I burnt my tougue...and this tiny patch grew these long white hair like papilia looking things...no one knew what it was, I could rip them off , they would grow back..went on for months...thought I was going to die of some weird cancer...then bam, I guess once I stopped messing with it...it was gone..my pont is our bodies react weird , and if we have ibs or psoriasis, I have mild case of both, then it is clear there is a lowerd immune system....if you happen to be PICKER  even a mild one on top of that I think you can irritate these lesions to the point they are very difficult to heal...I havnt  figured out what this is , but it isn't any mite....my spot is way to localized and what you describe is EXACTLY EXACTLY what mine are like...and I think we irritate them..fthey will go away eventually...because mine healing and sort of moved alone just the edges just becoming the new sore as the centre healed , that was whgen I was squeezing it...SPREADING the staph across my face I BET and creating more sores,,, now I don't squeeze the wound, but I have beebn plucking out those strectchy plugsa and I am going to stop..and I am going to keep applying that honey and I will update you ina week and LETs hope its gone...cuz I am sick os the last year HAVING this 9open wound on my face...hell on earth.
Hello everybody and I can't thank you all enough for these comments. Anyway after months and months of research and trying literally everything you can think of and everything people have memotion end on this thread, I am still yet to find any type of cure. Over the past few years I have seen several dermatologists who all just said oh it's cystic acne and you need to go onto Accutane. This is doctors being doctors as per usual, not actually looking into a problem and just throwing drugs at a problem. I have seen yet another derm this morning to my biggest disappointment yet. I had actually been collecting these fleshy plugs to show to this derm. Here is how today's appointment went. The derm told me that this all in your head and you have caused everythimg by self harming and there are no fleshy white plugs. The fleshy white plugs that I showed him were apparently just bits of skin that I have cut out myself whilst self harming. Unfortunately for me I am getting these lesions not just on my face but literally all over my body, the only place I have none are on my feet. I am sorry that I have no solutions to offer to this problem that we all have but I wanted to tell people who can relate to it and understand it for my own sanity. Dermatologists will not recognise that this is a problem. It makes me sick and very angry. Thank you for reading my post. Take care everyone.
Take a look at this link.  Dermatologists automatically think you are delusional if you take anything in with you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matchbox_sign
Ivermectin-either in the form of Soolantra with a prescription or you can find it on Amazon for about 6 bucks marketed as a vet product. Soolantra is 1% the Amazon vet is 1.79% I believe just modify-mix with zinc oxide perhaps. Must treat for 3-4 weeks at least to kill adult and the eggs that are located in the follicles. I hope this helps you like it has me. Good luck.
You dont know how relieved i am to know there are many others suffering the same as me. Im going to try some of these suggestions as im so desperate rite now. Good luck to you all in finding anything that helps. X
I have this and I am starting to believe it is yeast...I had a wound on cheek full of fleshy whit stretch plugs that were toner that rice mostly..under my 8x magnifier they looked like little blobs  that it was like mallassezia yeast..I bought some canastin vaginal yeast cream..it came with a pill..I took pill  applied cream
..and also applied some tinaction athletes foot powder...and hadomg...after six months by the next morning NOT one ...not a single plug to be found...and trust me I have been hunting..digging...nothing...but of course wound hasn't healed yet but due to my plug hunt...I think I am not in the clear by any means..but I also noticed that a few other minor skin issues also cleared up..all I'm saying is I 5hink I'm on the right track...I think how quickly it can reappear or spread is a good yeast indicator..also my issue started with a staph type Boil.and that is commonly infected with this yeast..mallassezia...I am going to explore it more but feeling like a normal person again...I think by taking the proper anti fungals this will go away..I am
I am so so thankful for finding this thread. I have dealt with this 'condition' for as long as I can remember, starting at puberty. I also thought that it was just apart of puberty acne but quickly realized that it was quite different than the kind of zits, pimples, acne etc that my peers were getting. I am now 20, will be 21 in October and have collected this information over the years about it:

- I notice I break out with it June- August. Unsure if it coincides with my shoulder acne that I get during the summer months as well. Thankfully I don't think my body acne is the same as the fleshy plugs I get on my chin. Always always always on the chin. Used to get it in the corners of my nose, mouth. Has only been on my chin for the last couple of years when it does break out.
-I have the same issue with doctors I've visited, they barely look at it and dismiss it as picking.
- All doctors I've visited have diagnosed it as Impetigo.
"Impetigo, one of the most common skin infections among kids, usually produces blisters or sores on the face, neck, hands, and diaper area. This contagious superficial skin infection is generally caused by one of two bacteria: Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pyogenes (also ..." from top of google page when searched.

- They put me on Cephalexin (oral antibiotic) and Mupirocin/Bactroban cream each time I come in for it. I never take the oral anti biotic as I'm on birth control and as with any anti-biotic, decreases the effectiveness of it.

-I've found that the cream works alright for healing it- it dries it up and creates a hard scab (as with any other at home remedy I've tried, it will scab but remain moist so it sloughs off quite easily, especially since its on my chin, as any mouth movement will crack the moist scab and start the process all over again) but as soon as it completely heals over and there is "normal" skin on my chin again, i can clearly see the white plugs sitting under it and i'm just !!!! >_< UGH so frustrating. I just ordered some silver cream that a couple people have mentioned on this thread, so hoping that will help as well. Sending positive vibes to everyone dealing with this issue. You are not alone! I share your frustration so greatly and it is so relieving to know that other people are dealing with this, and understand that although we may be pickers, that being that is definitely not the cause of this atrocious condition!!!!

Regards, Kallie
Ive had these for the past 7 years or so, it's a fairly new thing, and I wound up scarring my face pretty badly on one side. Mine start as deep cysts, and by the time is able to be squeezed, the top comes off and it's a deep perfectly circular sunken crater on my face... with the plugs stuck inside. They seem to love the right side of my face and occasionally my neck will get them due to me having sensitive skin that can't handle perfumes, lotions, etc, I will develop a cyst.

I finally have a pretty good regimen down, my dermatologist prescribed me Aczone which is a topical antibiotic for acne.

I also know not to mess with them as often as I had been. I notice if you dry it out with a clay mud mask, it tightens the skin and draws the plug upward a bit for easier tweezer extraction.

I had a BIG one near my cheekbone and it left me with a hole. Typical. For open wounds I wash, tone, apply Aczone, and then Curad Silver Ointment for scars. This one completely filled up, minus a pinch of hyperpigmented scarring which will eventually disappear. PHEW.

With these things you have to be dedicated to daily maintenance. Theres not one day I can skip Aczone, or forget to wash my face. I also recommend investing in a dead sea mud mask and do spot treatments overnight, and weekly full face masks. I use Pixi by Petra Glow Mud Mask and Borghese Fango Active Mud.
And also, for those that have wound up with pocked scarring, indented scarring, rolling scars because of these, look into dermarolling. I purchased a 1.5mm dermaroller online and I'm 4 sessions in. One roll every 5 weeks. The fill in has been extremely noticeable.
Hi! What kind do you own? I'm looking at some on amazon and am unsure which would be best.
What kind of what?
What do you think about this one?
If you scratched a sweat gland, or removed it..... wouldn't this make sense?
I'm NOT crazy, it has a name now, I'm done with this horrible skin problem!!!  --  MILIARIA PROFUNDA

Miliaria profunda is often the result of progression of chronic miliaria rubra, with a deeper obstruction of sweat ducts. It’s rare compared to the others and mainly occurs in the tropics. White-to-skin-coloured pinpoint papules, several millimetres in size, appear within minutes of sweating and resolve about 1-3 hours after overheating. Lesions are asymptomatic unless miliaria rubra is also present. They most often affect the trunk and proximal limbs. As with miliaria rubra, there’s a risk of compensatory hyperhidrosis.
Is there a cure?
I think you're so right! It's the closets thing I can relate to compared to any of the other suggestions on here. It's definitely not fungus or mites. I always break out soon after I sweat. Thank you so much! You nailed it.
See a dermatologist
So I have been suffering from these infected pores for over a year now and after being on multiple does of antibiotics, seeing an infectious disease Dr, and a dermatologist multiple times I decided to research this on my own. After going on this site and reading everyone's experiences I decided to write down all the pertinent facts of what works and what doesn't work. After doing a lot of research based off everyone's experiences I looked up one contributors suggestion(Sorry I don't quite remember who but THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!) who stated something about bad bacteria in your stomach that may be causing issues and suggested to go to the following site to find out :
http://www.flora-balance.com/candida_questionnaire_long.php
Well I had many of the symptoms the questionnaire asked about and figured why not give this and many of the other suggestions a shot.
I bought SYNTOL AMD (Probiotic), magnesium, Biotin, Zinc, and vitamin E vitamins, lotrimin althletes foot cream that contained Clotrimazole, dophilus (another probiotic) and activia yogurt. I had Mupirocin at home, and the spot bandaids.
Day one I took one of each vitamin and the dophilus. I took 10 Syntol; 2 at a time spaced out through the day. I then washed ALL my clothes (Summer/winter/everything and anything), sheets, towels, etc in HOT water and detergent as suggested. I had been putting on mupirocin on these infected pores and although it helped stop them from getting out of control  it never took care of them. So I figured I would do an experiment. I put the lotrimin on some of the spot bandaids and mupirocin on a few others. Later on that evening I was feeling pretty sick to my stomach and honestly it felt like a battle was taking place in there. I was eating activia yogurt as well which may have helped the battle. I also figured I would see how things went with the creams. The mupirocin results were the same a little light yellow discharge on  bandaid. When I pulled off the lotrimin bandaid the whole plug was stuck to the bandaid and the discharge was slightly darker and there was a lot more.
I showered dried off with a new towel and reapplied the bandaids with lotrimin only. Later than night hells fury came out of my butt. It was like straight acid coming out an was very irritating on the ejection port. lol. When I woke up the next day and removed the bandages all the infected pores were no longer red, swollen, or hurt like they had in the past. Not to mention they actually looked like they were healing. Mind you some of these pores had been infected (plugs in them) for more than 6 months. Again I showered and used and new towel to dry off. reapplied the lotrimin and bandaids. I took the vitamin and probiotic regiment again and felt sick to my stomach all day long (seriously came close to vomiting a few times). Same regiment for the following day. although I didnt feel as sick to my stomach anymore and actually felt the best I have in over a year. The next day I no longer had any open wounds so to say. They were finally healing. The following day I cut the Syntol down to 8 pills. Did that for a few days then to 6. It has been about a week and a half to 2 weeks now and I still take 6 syntol, 1 dophilus, multivitamin, and eat the activia at least 2 times a day. I have had ZERO flare-ups and no NEW plugs appearing whatsoever. I am still using lotrimin on the pores that were really bad out of fear they will flare-up but I think I am being extra precautionary, but I have come to the conclusion that once there is no more discharge on the bandaids the fungus is gone and it will heal up in a couple days depending on the severity.  
Out of all of this what I determined was this whole issue was coming from my stomach (bad bacteria) which was affecting many other parts of my body; including the plug issue. My skin does not look unhealthy at all anymore and actually looks better than it has in years. The bad acid is a fungus which is why mupriocin does not work and lotrimin does. The bad acid also seems to clog your pores by creating oily skin thus contributing and causing the plug issue. If you have been having issues like I have had and no matter what you have tried it doesn't seem to go away and you haven't tried probiotics.... YOU ARE WRONG!!! Seriously. I figured with all the drs and appointments to no avail what did I have to lose.  
Thanks for sharing your story, dameon10. I'd like to try your regimen, but in my country syntol isn't available. How are things now with your skin? Still no new sores?
90% that's echinococcus granulosus
It's not even remotely close to that.
Did anyone figure out what this is? I have had them over 15 years and can be very painful
I created an account to comment on this. I have had these for about 5 years and it's caused a lot of distress. This thread helped me a lot in figuring out what was going on (I found dermatologists to be pretty useless... I saw like 6 of them and none of them knew what it was). I believe it is a yeast overgrowth in the pores, caused by antibiotics in my case, that has formed a biofilm inside the pores. It's hard to kill the yeast because the biofilm protects it. You need something that both breaks down the biofilm and has anti fungal properties. Also, it's very important to understand that it takes time to treat this, and that it is likely to get worse before it gets better. The infection is lying dormant in the pores (yeasts can go back and forth between different stages). It took me 4 to 5 months to treat mine but I had them all over my face, shoulders, and some on my arms. I'll describe what I used but I want to emphasize that people should proceed slowly and treat their skin gently. DO NOT START USING EVERYTHING AT ONCE. I used: 1) a 10% mandelic acid serum, 2) a mixture of aloe vera gel and colloidal silver, 3) zinc spray and/or a zinc soap, 4) every 2 or 3 weeks, I would wash with hibiclens or do a povidone iodine mask for additional biofilm killing. I believe this is a malassezia yeast -- these can develop immunity to many antifungals, so you need to keep trying different things and be patient. When I started using the mandelic serum, I had a big flare of up (don't start this right before a big event). Basically every part of the infection came up. The aloe vera/silver mixture helped kill things and calm the inflammation. I used a pyrithione zinc spray at first help kill the yeast as my skin was too sensitive for the soap. After a few months, my skin had healed enough that I could use the soap without burning. I would encourage people to also see a doctor; in my case, I learned that I had yeast overgrowth in my intestines too, as well as hypothyroid. I believe both of these conditions exacerbated my skin condition, and treating them was also a contributor to helping my skin heal. Hang in there -- healing is possible. I know how difficult this condition can be. I hope this information helps someone.
Thank you!
dtc1180,
thank you so much for sharing your experience! Please update if possible if you'll find new information or cure for this.

I suffer from this condition too. It makes me desperate.
I also think it might be yeast or mold infection.

I've read recently that Nicotinamide (vitamine B3) can be very effective in treatment of fungal infections and I'm going to try it. As well as olive leave capsules.
Okay I've dealt with this same problem for almost 20 years.  I hated my skin I would get bumps "pimples"  all over but mainly messed with the ones on my face and arms.  Well it got way out of hand on my arms after picking almost every new scab off my arms I'd find a little whiteish colored plug looking thing sticking up.  What the HE** are
These oh it made me feel gross.  I'd dealt with acne my whole life but these were different. Well the years went by seeing Dermatoligists here and there. I suffer from depression and OCD and all the dermos advised me to tell my shrink to change my medicines. Well I would tell them and nothing changed with my "pimples and picking". I really was beginning to think these were dermodex mites.  I'm not going to keep going on and on but if you have this you know exactly what I'm talking about. The plug things to make a long story short I tried it all I first bought this sulfur ointment on amazon figured it wouldn't hurt. It helped a little but I wasn't using it enough.  I used it daily sometimes twice a day. I started seeing my face peel a little here and there I was like great now I've got dry scaly skin ugh. It was all the funk in my pores after I showered with another sulfur face wash and broke out in a horrible itchy rash I slowed down the sulfur wash and stuck to the cream. It was pulling crap out that I had tried digging out for years tweezers straight pins what ever I could to get that dang plug out.  Ok here is what is helping me I still do the sulfur ointment here and there but I recently tried tea tree oil ouch it burns and didn't do much.  Then I found almond oil and jojoba oil.  These work for me !!! Email
Me I can send you links for what I've found on
I know longer dig these plugs out.  I do pick and not as bad since these oils act like your natural oils in your skin and absorb to draw the plugs out. And prevents the new plugs from becoming a plug.  I IT HAS worked I promise. You can email if you'd like ***@****
I used 100% pure sweet almond oil and the jojoba oil has to be 100% natural and cold pressed. Don't use together unless it doesn't irritate or just google it  
Does anyone think that might be fungal Cryptococcus infection?

Thant's what I've found in the description of this desease:

"Organisms are yeast-like fungus with thick gelatinous, mucopolysaccharide capsule. "

http://www.histopathology-india.net/Crypto.htm
I wrote very earlier on in this thread when I had a terrible outbreak about prescription silver cream clearing up these lesions...I then went months without any..I then had another smaller outbreak...ive done it all docs..antibiotics..topical creams..tee tree oil..acne washes...did nothing...aftr yr of research and I blve was mentioned in this thread I do believe it is malassezia pityrosporum folliculitis. Everything ive read about this matches maj of our symptoms...recently I had 2 show up...I used nizoral fungal cream and nizoral dandruff shampoo as a wash for my face...has worked a treat...bfre this break out I also had laser hair removal on my upper lip and chin...as I hve very dark hair I used to get random dark hairs...I found when I had this I didnt suffer from these lesions...in last few months I moved to a humid area where sweating is the norm...I also cldnt complete my laser as im in a very small town. Soon as humidity came and laser stopped...I had small outbreak..I used nizoral and found it worked along with taking probitics...as was prev mntd in this thread by anthr member im convinced its malassezia pityrosporum folliculitis...its fungal..yeast...presents like pimple and is often misdiagnosed as acne by docs who prescribe antibodies and topical treatments that simply dont work and aftr researching malassezia pityrosporum folliculitis actually make it worse...only thing that has worked has been fungal creams...I bought nizoral aftr reading much feedback...my face is now clear of these things..best of luck to you all...
LGP76, thank you!

Yes, this description of Piturosporum looks like our case:

Splendore-Hoeppli phenomenon in Pityrosporum folliculitis (pseudoactinomycosis of the skin)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1939789
And more:
“Involved follicles are dilated and often plugged with keratinous material and debris. There is a mild chronic inflammatory cell infiltrate around the infundibular portion of the follicle. Intrafollicular deposits of mucin are sometimes present. If serial sections are examined, disruption of the follicular epithelium is sometimes found, with basophilic granular debris, keratinous material, neutrophils, and other inflammatory cells in the perifollicular dermis .  A few foreign-body giant cells may also be present when rupture of the follicle has occurred. A PAS or silver methenamine stain will reveal spherical to oval yeast-like organisms, 2–4 µm in diameter. These organisms are sometimes budding. They are found most often in the follicle, but following rupture they can also be found in the perifollicular inflammatory exudate.  Sometimes a few hyphae can also be seen. Pseudoactinomycotic granules have been reported in two cases.”
Its and abstract from Pityrosporum (Malassezia) folliculitis description from here:
http://plasticsurgerykey.com/mycoses-and-algal-infections-2/#st0070
Hey LGP76, I have followed your comments since it looks like as me you have visited every single derm and tried it all :)  I agree with you  this is a type of folliculitis not sure if is (malassezia) or Eosinophilic folliculitis but definitely Folliculitis, in my case it started after using nono (hair removal device and dermarroling), I have being using a clotrimazol solution, l wanted to ask you if the nizoral fungal cream still working for you, I found that this solution it does help but always looking to find something else that can help  since I am afraid it may develop some resistance .  Thanks
Thank you thank you!! I have the exact same thing and it will not go away! It&#39;s been persistent for months. I'm running to the store...
I hope this works for you and everyone here! I had this problem for 2 years and it’s destroyed my face and I lost almost all of my hair.  I almost put my gun in my mouth at one point. Having my own doctor accusing me of taking drugs as I was begging him to help me was a pretty low point for me. I read a post on a different forum and this woman said to use salt. I went to lowes and got a 40lb bag of salt. I think it was around $8? I took a bath twice a day and in those baths I put a full red solo cup full of the salt pellets and would lay on my stomach just placing my face under the water for as long as I could doing that over and over. I would stay in for about 30 minutes and I had the water as hot as I could take it. I brought in a cold water so when I would got too hot I would lay on my back in the water with my head almost covered with water with just enough of my mouth out to keep the water bottle in my mouth. This kept me from overheating. Within a month, they were gone!

I went about 2 months of not showering not bathing and not using salt and they just came back. So it’s not a cure but I'm ok with salt baths for the rest of my life if that’s what it takes!
God bless you, hifrequency!
Hey Hifrequency, what type of salt are you using? sea salt or pink salt, or just the normal iodine cocking salt?  does still working for you?  Thanks for sharing.
It is yeast of the skin if you will. I would get them to. Touching my face to much would irritate pores that were filled with this candida toxin. Your body tries to flush excess yeast out every way it can. It helps to was your face with dial soap to ease the inflammation. If you can stand waiting your body with absorb it. Its is a form of folliculitis.
As nursery1989 has said..its def a yeast infection..as I wrote above I blve it is a form of folliculitis that presents as acne. I got a script for nystatin fungal ointment to treat yeast infections 2 days ago and it works extremely well. Yrs ago when I first wrote here and they were full blown sores prescription silver cream healed them. Now im back to hvng laser treatmnt..taking a probiotic and using fungal cream I now hve it bck under control....
I had one if these lesion on my chin that had grown about the size of a pencil eraser that was raised and would not go away for over a year.  I finally had my family doctor cut it off and had 5 stitches.  I will have a little scar there but it will be better than a raised, itchy, peeling irritated skin lesion.  I don&#39;t think anyone is ever going to really figure out what these are for sure and dermatologists do not seem to know or be very interested from multiple posts I read.  I had another one of these in 2004 just under my chin and had it cut off also back in 2004.  Whenever I see a little place come up that looks like the start of one I immediately put Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion on it and it goes completely away usually within a 24 hour period.  You can buy this at Ulta or Nordstroms or Mario Badescu online site.  Mario Badescu has some wonderful skin care products.  I think the secret to controlling these things is to never ever pick at it at the start of it and &quot;nip it in the bud&quot; so to speak by putting something to dry it up or dissolve it at the start.  I think other products would probably keep them from forming too like Margarete zinc cream for problem skin found at health food stores, tea tree oil, etc. I picked at this lesion is why it kept growing and getting bigger.  I would pick at without thinking. It started as one tiny white hard dot under the skin and if you pick and inflame it it multiplies into multiple white dots that turn into those rice like plug things.  It&#39;s hard not to pick it so put a round dot bandaid over it and leave it alone.  I have really clear skin except for an occasional lesion like this.  I really don&#39;t think it would develop if I just didn&#39;t pick it.  My family doctor thinks problems like these start in the &quot;gut&quot; by eating too much gluten and not eating healthy whole food diet.  She could be right but there is no way to prove it. Good luck everyone and please stop picking  - it just makes it worse.
I'm skeptical about parasitic nature of this condition, but found at another forum such suggestion:

"Pelodera (Rhabditis) strongyloides is a small saprophytic nematode it can invade the mammalian skin, causing a pruritic, erythematous, alopecic and crusting dermatitis on skin sites that come into contact with the ground.

Diagnosis of the disease is based on case history.with characteristic skin lesions and on the demonstration of typical larvae in skin scrapings or biopsy.

Pelodera (rhabditic) dermatitis cases have been reported mainly from typical histopathological lesions (epidermal hyperplasia, epidermal and follicular hyperkeratosis, folliculitis and furunculosis with large numbers of nematode larvae of 25–40 μm of diameter within hair follicles) were present Central European countries and the United States".
I've also had this issue for about 20 years! It starts as a cystic acne lesion and just never heals. They mostly seem to occur in the winter when my skin is dry. I admit I pick at them. They eventually form a scaly layer on top. And yes, I've pulled the &quot;plugs&quot; out with tweezers too. I've gotten some of them to heal this way, but not always. Not sure if the plug is just my hair follicle that I am pulling out. I've seen several dermatologists with little help. I've tried topical steroid, steroid injections, prescription acnes creams, none of which worked at clearing the problem. Even tried cryosurgery. It worked well on one lesion but did nothing for a few I have had for years. A day in the sun at the beach has been the best cure I've discovered so far. I've had lesions I'd had for months disappear in a few days after a day at the beach. I also found blister bandages helpful. I had a lesion on my back for years that nothing helped. I covered it with a blister bandage, only changing it once a week. It took about 6 weeks, but it finally healed after years! Harder to do this with the ones on my face because I would feel awkward wearing a bandage on my face in public for that long...but I guess it's really no worse than a crusty lesion.
Warm water bath soak with chlorhexidine or nolvasan, this will clear up fungal infections EVEN ringworm!! Buy this from your veterinarian if you can't find it on-line OR at the Farm & Home store ( it's in the vet med section). Clean your touchable areas of your house with a diluted version of chlorhexidine/nolvasan, use a spray bottle. Silver nitrate sticks help on open sores or canker sores (found at the Farm & Home store or on-line) but if nothing else, buy some Farnam Wonder Dust!! This stuff will completely heal anything ( I mean ANY cut or sore anywhere ) like nothing I've ever seen!! Good luck fellow skin perfectionist and long time acne/fungal suffers!!  You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope things get better with these products!!!!
Chlorhexidine is NOT supposed to be used on your face! I work in the medical field so I know this is an absolute contraindication.
I've had this problem for years.  Right now, I have one on either side of my chin that I&#39;ve been dealing with for about 6 weeks.  After reading the responses, I decided to experiment with the antifungal approach.  So, I put some tolnaftate-based athlete&#39;s foot cream on a Band-Aid and keep it on them overnight.  When I first applied it, I could feel it stinging.  This morning, I was about 50% better over yesterday morning.  There&#39;s still a little soreness but the scabbing is much better.  Will try the same thing tonight.
Here is my advice take 6 drops of each of theses oils three times a day in a glass of water,clove,cinnamon,rosemary,red thime,lemon,oregano this is the only cure,trust me it works to kill morgellions
After several years, and learning that I have CVID, Common Variable Immune Deficiency, I'm finally getting some respect from the medical community. Because of my immune deficiency I don't make IgG, IgM or IgA, and I now have to infuse myself with IgG every week to try to avoid infections.

Anyway, my dermatologist, at present, was in the Army for over 20 years and is also an expert immunologist. She also believes in a lot of conditions that other dermatologists don't... Army?  She worked as a doctor/researcher there.

She thinks that I have a combination demodex and fungal infection.  My Rheumatologist got very nervous about this, because fungal infections can invade the sinuses and/or become systemic, and this can be devastating for immune deficient folks. She has referred me to an infectious disease doctor.  I had great hope for the one I saw in 2015, but he ended up laughing at me and said that I was making the lesions myself.  

When I posted a long while back about Chaetomium, I think I was getting a lot of demodex wrapped up in fungal hyphae, so it looked like that to me.  It's not.  

I'm using Sodium Sulfacetamide shampoo and face wash along with Adapalene (all 3 prescription) along with  Ovante Demodex Control PLUS (Amazon).  I'm also using the anti-fungals Clotrimazole and Lamisil.

A major consideration for my particular issue is that there are literally HUNDREDS of layers of skin or biofilm.  I can't seem to ever get to the bottom, and as I remove layers, old, familiar lesions... even one that I called "The Mother Ship". I think that all of these layers are what makes my skin look puffy.

Does anyone else get GRANULES out of/off of your skin?  I get a lot of amber colored, hard "things" that are round or tear drop shaped.  They may be from layers of clogged oil glands, but at this time I don't know.

I'll let you know what happens next...
Yes I have them coming out of my forehead I get rid of them on there and they come out on a different spot my area am I get him out of my eyes the light hard granular white when summer round flake squishy sticky things some of them come out like little Half Moon things they're like pretty thick some come out little teeny hard hard granules it's like they're in there forever like there's layers of them I get some of them out and then go somewhere else and then it spreads around on my face on the forehead
A photo from Google lead me to this Thread; because the "Fleshy Plug" in the photo looks a lot like what I have (and others posting here) from what started out as a feeling like I got punched in the arm (or a vaccine shot) let me explain...

About 5 months ago I woke up and my side arm/shoulder was hurting as if someone had punched me in it; more so it felt exactly like the pain I had after getting a Tetanus Vaccine Shot after a motorcycle accident around 2006... The area was slightly irritated in look (slightly tan red as I am tan skin tone) and hard to the touch in an area that was about the size of an oreo cookie...

I began to massage and skin roll the area (BIG MISTAKE!!!) and the area began to soften up and it actually began to come to/form a zit/pimple type head, this popped rather easy a small amount of puss like a small pimple came out nothing uncommon it seemed; and then just a bunch of clear (interstitial fluid or possibly the demodex mites secretion???) came out...

One thing seemed odd about the location too as it seemed like it was in exactly the same area I received the shot; like the pimple seemed to be right where I got that shot at and the pain was exactly the same and considering much of the medical industry has no clue how or where these pimples come or form from its my opinion that some sort of bio-toxin from the Vaccine caused it or that the mite is actually cross inhabitating humans from animals; specifically dogs...
My neighbor gave us a couch and he had dogs; however no one else in the household has any signs of these at all...

Over the next day or two it began to look as if it was healing like a normal popped zit; but then it just stayed a Hard Purple Scab Color but it was Not a scab it was a Very Hard Purple zit; as if it was a hard blot clot just under the skin...

At this point I went to work to get that thing out of me; think it was an ingrown hair as that is what it kind of looked like... I basically ripped and scrubbed the hard lump off down to what I thought was my raw flesh; but no in-grown hair... It then seemed to be healing like normal, but it never turned to a scab it turned to a white hard skin callus...

For me this was odd as all my life my wounds always healed well and in the same manner this was different...

I soaked in the tub and the hard white callus came off after some scrubbing... This is when I noticed what looks like white heads in my pores under this false scab, so I used the tweezers to pluck them out a few looked like small fleshy hairs; then I plucked one that looked like a tadpole but the size of an ant (have a photo of an extracted one, dont know how to post it)... Since then I have pulled over a dozen large ones and the layers come back with force thicker...

I then found this thread and tried a few things to see if I can rid them or get them into balance... So far not much has worked; it is however staying local to its original location...

I want to note too I noticed my friends 17 year old son has one still in the first hard purple pimple stage; he said hes had it for going on 3 years now, they have a dog...
A couple other people I know also had them one on the scalp and stomach others on their shoulders and backs; all also dog owners or in households with dogs...  
Vaccine status isn't know for the other parties at this time; however they all had to get them cut out and sticked up surgically...
I get what now is scars with white gooey plugs under the skin thats healed.im sure these were once due to meth use ,but other fresh diff spots have clustered up on my face and neck.flat crusty yellow spots that look like zits but when picked,enlarge and when scabs come off alot of red or white pointy plugs in pores.when pulled out area bleeds heavily.i have not sought medical treatment yet.at first i thought impetigo.but after researching i think it was also meth bumps that has now turned to staph or mrsa,wo the fever.i have meth bump scars.aka mites that will not heal properly or completely til all of white plug is pulled out or dug out.which made the once scar a now huve crater.its really embarrassing, even w make up all over me to let anyone see me that way.my once flawless skin,is now covered w bumps,scabs,scars.also on my face is pus filled bumps.looks like zits.if i pop them,fluid goes to next pore and swells.im really freaking out.its been about 3 mo of deing w this.i dont wanna confess to dr nor do i wanna share truth w anuone else who knows me.my skin burns,bleeds and just looks horrendous. What is it and what should i use? Ive tried everythjng
I also searched and scoured the internet for an answer to this precise skin eruption with a center gel-like fiber that had to be removed before healing would begin.  I have scars along my neck and down my arms and legs from this condition which would ebb and flow for years.  I tried everything from antibiotics to ivermectin without any real relief outside of the fact that it was episodic over a ten year span.  Later, I tested positive for HLA-B27, a gene associated with the mnemonic PAIR: Psoriasis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Inflammatory bowel disease, and Reactive Arthritis.  Now, having experienced everyone of those other associated autoimmune diseases to one degree or another, in hind sight, I strongly believe that the condition is a skin manifestation of reactive arthritis, our immune systems response to a different bacterial infections somewhere else and even at some earlier time.  It could be a staph, chlamydia, yersinia, or strep, but it isn't in the lesions themselves, it's a defective autoimmune response.  Ask you GP for a HLA-B27 gene test if you're experiencing these lesions.

I also have the HLA-B27 disease :( with lots of spinal issues!
I've been dealing with this exact skin problem for 4 years on my face and chest. I have a lot of free time at night and have probably spent a *combined totals* time of about 4-5 months researching it and all of the many theories. I have gone down many paths of treatment for the various things it could be. One thing is for sure there is a huge connection to Lymes disease with this skin condition.  It is not commonly tested for, so who knows how many of us have been infected with Lymes and don't know it. The bacteria involved in Lymes is very tricky and will pick organs to hide out in and other hiding areas such as hair follicles which are hard to flood with antibiotics. In the hair follicle, these bacteria have been theorized to aggravate part of our skin called keratinocytes which are responsible for producing keratin (and I think collagen) up from the dermis into the epidermis. When the keratinocytes are being aggravated by the Lymes bacteria called Borrelia, they malfunction and spew out and overload of keratin/collagen, which is what forms these long plugs within the hair follicle aka pore. A small team of scientists concluded this was what was probably occurring after they found the Lyme bacteria, called Borrelia, living inside of these "plugs" taken from samples of  scab that have the plugs attached, from people suffering this condition. This is the theory I'm leaning most towards currently. As a side note I once did a (very risky and unhealthy) two month course of oral ketoconazole which I thought cured the condition, but it returned ten months later. Also google morgellons. While many accounts of this condition sound a bit crazy or exaggerated, it DOES sound like they have some sort of variation of this condition where they not only experience the plugs, but also fiber growths under the skin too. The scientists in the above mentioned study concluded the morgellons fibers were again, a mixture of keratin and collagen (they were proved to be biologically formed by the body, and not made of cellulose or anything clothing fibers are made of) probably from the keratinocytes function being screwed up by the bacteria. I'm so thankful
I don't get the fibers and hope I never will. Hopefully some day this is a recognized condition and we can get to the bottom of this.
There is another theory which is very similar to the tick bite/Lymes/Borrelia theory but I need to go back and figure out the names of the involved species and pathogens to make sure I convey it all correctly. It is, to say the least, mind blowing.
I've made a blood test for Lyme desease and Borellia and it was negative (so in my case it's not Lyme).

Did someone test these spiky lesions for herpes infection?
In my case they itch very similar to herpes mouth sores.

I've read in another thread a message from a person with this contition that he was diagnosed it's HSV-3.

Oral herpes (cold sores) is HSV-1 (herpes simplex infection) and HSV-3 is Varicella Zoster.
Hmm was it a current/active infection test? Or one that tested for past antibodies which would indicate a prior infection at another point? Sometimes A new infection won't show up on Bloodwork yet, or a blood test that is only testing for an active infection, will fail to also include testing for the antibodies that prove a "past" infection. I say "past" here only because certain pathogens have been known to go dormant only to reactivate later on during a period of low immunity. The HSV-3 theory is interesting and sounds plausible, but as for myself I tried dosing myself with Valtrex for a few weeks and saw no improvement (I'm telling you I've tried almost everything!). I'm pretty sure HSV-3 is what causes shingles and they prescribe Valtrex for shingles so I would think if that was the case I wouldn't have shown some
Improvement. One has to wonder if there are different root causes at play here for all of us (some viral, some bacterial, some parasitic) but they all cause the same
Mechanism of dysfunction in the keratinocyte cells which produce (collagen?) and keratin.
Would have** shown some improvement **
Also, the theory that is related to Lymes disease, involves a different bacteria and a different organism of transmission... which are barely known to anyone at this point. Not to doctors or the general public. And it is not included in the database of human pathogens yet... so *if* it was this pathogen causing this problem
For some of us, no amount of blood work and testing would ever produce the results confirming it. A pathogen needs to be actually *in* the database that the computers and/or microbiologists use to diagnose the bloods in order to be diagnosed! If there is a new bacteria previously not known to infect humans, then it is simply not  being tested for, even if it HAS (documented!) begun to infect humans. I don't know at which point this new pathogen will be included in lab diagnostics but I'll be interested to see when and if it does. Google "beneficial nematodes" ... then google "heterohabditis bacteriophora"...... then google "photorhabdus asymbiotica" ... then go back and google "heterohabditis bacteriophora human infection".  Even if this is not what we have, it's very interesting to say the least. I recommend you spend a few hours reading the scientific reports which explain just how random/rare
It is that the scientists ended up actually diagnosing the 13 confirmed cases (by chance and by lots of investigating and hard work). You can see the similarity to Lymes here... in Lymes the tick bites you and you get infected with Borrelia. With this stuff above, they presume an insect that has been infected by this nematode (a tiny worm called heterohabditis, who produces the bacteria called photorhabdus asymbiotica) might bite you and transmit the nematode and or bacteria into the human host. Previously, these pathogens were said not to infect humans, but 13 cases have now been confirmed in medical papers. One can only imagine how many others have been infected as it is not a pathogen that is currently included in Bloodwork laboratories databases. It was only thanks to very hardworking and suspicious lab workers who had a suspicion that the lab diagnostics for certain blood samples didn't make sense to them, so they dig deeper and deeper.
I've found an interesting article. Might be related to our problem.

"Herpetic Folliculitis and Syringitis
Simulating Acne Excoriee

We describe the case of a 46-year-old woman with a long standing history of acne excoriee, confirmed by several
dermatologists, that finally was unmasked as herpetic fol-
liculitis and syringitis.

Report of a Case.

A 46-year-old, white, nonatopic woman who had not suffered from severe acne vulgaris in puberty developed acneiform lesions on her face at age 25 years.
Subjective symptoms like palpitation, burning, and itch-
ing made her pick and squeeze these lesions. Numerous
recurrences over the next 20 years led to considerable scar
formation. The “acne lesions” had resisted the acne treat-
ment advised by several dermatologists. Because of her skin lesions, she was in deteriorating psychological condition that seemed to support a diagnosis of acne excoriee.

When treatment for acne was again ineffective, a
5-mm punch biopsy was performed on demand of the
patient.

Serological testing by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay detected IgM and IgG antibodies to HSV.

Comment.
Over a period of 20 years, our patient suf-
fered from recurrent episodes of acneiform lesions on
the face clinically resembling acne excoriee. Herpesvirus folliculitis and syringitis was diagnosed only by his-
topathologic examination. The diagnosis of HSV infec-
tion was confirmed by polymerase chain reaction
amplification of HSV DNA, by detection of HSV-specific
antibodies using enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay,
and by the positive response to antiviral therapy with
valacyclovir.

In herpesvirus infection of the skin, the histopathologic changes are often limited to the epidermis. Remarkably, the involvement of the follicular epithelia (herpetic folliculitis) and the sebaceous and eccrine
structures (herpetic syringitis)
is only rarely reported in the literature.

In conclusion, herpetic folliculitis and syringitis should be considered relevant differential diagnoses
in patients with acneiform lesions that fail to respond to
conventional acne treatment."
Dude I have the same thing did you figure out what it was or what to do?
I will spare everyone the details of my four-year journey with this problem. After trying everything and spending thousands of dollars (no lie), my remedy came in the form of Minocycline (50mg) twice a day. The plugs dried up and could be pulled out. Additionally, laser hair removal on my face removed the tiny, nearly invisible hairs to which these "plugs" clung. Spend the money now for these two things. They will save frustration, time, and additional money in the future.
Thanks for the info! I have doxycycline to take, I wonder if it would have the same effect as Minocycline? Also if you don't mind me asking what color were your facial hairs? Mine are very light blonde so I am afraid laser hair removal wouldn't work on them.
Hello! does anybody have news on diagnosis or treatment of this?
Same problem here. I thought I had a whitehead on my eyelid. It was there 4-5 months w/o ever changing. So one day I just scratched lightly over it with my fingernail. A tiny amount of pus came out but I could see there was still white in it. Mostly hard. Afterwards it was like I just couldn’t leave it alone. So I pua needle &amp; tweezers in alcohol to soak then tried to get it out. No way. Then I could see the fleshy hard plugs &amp; I began using the tweezers to pull out. But I would always see more white plugs. So I was just making it red/inflamed. I went to the dermatologist who squeezed it &amp; only got some blood. He didn’t know what it was but gave me the minocyine mentioned above. Twice a day. And some cream antibiotic. Within 3 days it was much better. Now I am almost finished w/14 days on the minocyine and you can only see close up but white is still there. Not round like a pimple but I can feel under the skin like it is small lines. So I’m back to the dermatologist. Will post when I get more info. The antibiotic sure cleared it up &amp; looks so much better. But I can’t stand the thought the plugs are there. Good luck to all.
Just want to share my experience in hopes that it might help someone. I've experienced all of the same things everyone is describing: stretchy white plugs that are rooted and can only be pulled out with tweezers. I'm on my 3rd dermatologist, and I think this one has finally figured it out. The 1st two dermatologists blamed me - said it was my picking and more or less called me crazy. The 2nd dermatologist was a good one, and tried very hard to help me, but after a couple of years you could tell he finally got frustrated with me. The 3rd dermatologist, the one I'm seeing now, knew right away what the problem was. For me, it's because my body doesn't know how to metabolize some types of medications. The medication that caused my problem was Zoloft. Since my body doesn't know how to metabolize the medication, it gets rid of it through my skin via hair follicles. This is what is causing the stretchy white plugs for me, it's the medication that cannot be metabolized by my body coming out through my hair follicles. Since it comes out through the hair follicles, it's also causing the hair produced by these follicles to be abnormal. In addition to the stretchy white plugs, I was also pulling out super-fine hairy things. These super-fine hairy things is hair that has abnormally formed by these hair follicles and is growing under the skin. Anyway, I was super nervous about coming off the Zoloft, and don't encourage anyone to do it without talking to their doctor first, but I gradually stepped off of it over a 2 month period and have been off of it for 7 months now. I would say that my skin is 80% better. Most of the lesions have healed up, but have left some bad scars. The dermatologist said that it could take up to a year to undo all of the damage that has been done. I still have a ways to go, and I still have some stubborn lesions that have been there for years (there's one on my arm that I've had for 4 years), but things are slowly getting better. The diagnosis that she puts on my office visits is Prurigo Nodularis, but from talking to her, it's more than just that. The current treatment she has me on is to take an over-the-counter probiotic everyday (to help encourage the reopening of the enzyme pathways for metabolizing - her words, not mine), a Rx for Spironolactone 50 mg once a day, and she just recently added a Rx for Metformin 250 mg once a day. I feel for all of you (and for me too), it's so hard to deal with something like this especially when doctors write us off and basically blame us for picking. I feel so fortunate that I have finally found a dermatologist who both understands what I am going through, and seems to understand what is going on with my body and what is causing these lesions.
It could be a rare fungus created by your own mycotoxin or by someone elses.  Coconut oil, bha, vitamin c serum, even putting lemon on your skin w/water on a paper towel it absorbs whatever resilient toxin that is nesting