Fleshy Plugs Under Skin In Pores on Face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Viewing 201-215 comments:
It is believed that the plugs are GMO hydrogel. Fibers will not always be present.

The fibers grow from the hydrogel. Everyone who has morgellons gets the hydrogels and is familiar with it.  It appears as a "plug" but that is the way the gel is formed in the follicle. Some will get the hydrogels before the fibers show up. But everyone with morgellons gets the hydrogels.

Just rubbing the body down with a coat of almond oil, making several passes can usually cause these plugs to pop out in areas where there are no sores.
Put these under the scope for examination.

This hydrogel is unlike sebum and is very agitating and antagonistic. It sets off a severe immune response because the body is attempting to eject it.
within the follicle a fiber can begin to grow from the hydrogel. Sometimes when the mass is finally ejected the fiber can be seen surrounded by the hydrogel.

You will need a microscope to analyze. You can buy a cheap hand held scope on amazon with built in L.E.D. which will suffice. analyze a plug under the scope. Sometimes you can see a very tiny fiber within a translucent gel-mass.

"pre-morgellons" ......meaning hydrogel without the fiber. There is no link.

There was a guy on morgellons support.com,  (site shut down couple months ago), with a photo identical to the poster of this thread with the lesion on his nose. It had consumed his nose. It is odd where it settles in on some people and takes hold, it will be different for everyone. Many women have this in their head hair. Why? don't know.

The original posters photo on this page is what a morgellons lesion looks like.

There are multiple plugs within an ulcer with surrounding inflammation and the lesions weep clear fluid.  This clear fluid hardens up in the follicle forming a plug. The plugs are firmly seated and difficult to remove.  The lesion will form a plastic-like  plaque layer over the ulcer, (fake skin), which is irritating  that is difficult to remove without damaging tissue, it is firmly bonded to skin.

Trapped beneath the plastic-like plaque can be more plugs which are expanding in the follicle causing irritation and inflammation. Pressing down on one of these plaques one can feel plugs beneath as this results in pain. The hydrogel resembles airplane glue in consistency, gel-like but not sebum.

Eventually a lesion will stop producing the plugs and you can tell just by pressing down on a lesion that you are turning the corner so to speak and it is beginning to heal up. This can sometimes take months.

Also search:
"ayla morgellons"
"fungihomeworld cure zone"
"Marc Neuman morgellons"
"Jan smith morgellons"
youtube "morgellons"

These sites have extensive photos to make comparisons.

TIPS.
I use turmeric to help with inflammation. I pack empty gel caps and take 4-6 grams a day, everyday with a meal.

As the wound is healing a light coat of borage oil will help.

When using cosmetic concealers for the face keep in mind that the "tint" is formed by using iron oxides. Free form iron will cause this to grow rapidly.

As noted on the CDC site "Iron loading and disease surveillance".  Free iron feeds just about every type of harmful bacteria out there.

Look at your fortified food labels what do you see?  "iron fortified". it is in most all processed food and very unnatural. Iron should come from raisins, nuts, etc, i.e. processed from the plant first,  not ground up steal added to products. Bacteria thrive on free iron and this is well known in the science text books.

I understand the need however to use a concealer. Make sure to disgard these products regularly because they can easily become contaminated and the pathogen can grow in the cosmetic container and you re-infect yourself when touching the container then applying it to the lesion. Therefore transfer the new product into multiple smaller containers to avoid cross contamination.

Try a natural based concealer. search "etsy blemish cover"

Tweezers, scalpels should be sterilized each time in diluted bleach and wiped clean because it spreads to other follicles easily.

If you touch a lesion. Wash your hands and finger nails right away. Examine your finger nails with a P.C. microscope and you will see why. You can literally transfer thousands of bacteria to a new follicle. People with this who have bad hygiene practices can spread this all over their body which over burdens the immune system.

This is an important video demonstration of Dr. Levy removing iron particles from a box of corn flakes.

youtube " iron particles in your freaking cereal"

Now google: "CDC iron loading and disease surveillance"

There are science text books 2 inches thick describing free form iron and how it fuels pathogenic bacteria and cancers.

Keep in mind that your cosmetic concealers contain free form iron oxides used as "tint" and bacteria will feed off the iron in these products.

Free-form iron in the diet fuels infections and cancers. Iron obtained from a natural diet is harmless and beneficial to the body, (vegetables, nuts/seeds, raisins etc)

Free-form iron in the diet and iron oxides in cosmetics will cause morgellons to grow significantly. It like other bacteria thrive on it.

Change your diet and get away from processed, iron fortified so called "food" and switch over to a natural diet. apples, oranges, bananas, berries, etc, etc. and obtain your iron like every other living thing on the planet, which is via the plant.

The plant must process the iron taken from the ground minerals first, which then makes it compatible for consumption and is bioavailable as was meant to be.

People with cancers, infections, skin diseases etc are all largely aware of this.

This is one of the most important factors in clearing your skin is to stop consuming free-form iron particles in your food because it is largely un-regulated in the dosage of iron you are consuming and studies have found more iron in these products than was listed on the label.

How much free form iron are you consuming a day? Cereal for breakfast, a pastry. Sandwich for lunch, pasta for dinner. Snacks at night.  Day after day.
Look at how much iron particles Dr. Levy pulls out of the cornflakes alone.

Going to the Doctor to get antibiotics or accutane and no one knows why?
Maybe all that free-form iron in the diet is what is at the root.

Through my research into free-iron I can say it is one of the biggest drivers of disease in our society. Try getting off free iron and obtain your iron naturally and see if your skin begins to clear.

I really feel badly for the people who have the full blown Morgellon's and yes, this may be the prelude to something much worse... Even more reason to attack this aggressively before it gets out of control.  I've all but cured my infestation at this point, but is felt like a full time job to do so.  Seriously.  

I've wondered at times if this is a prelude to Morgellon's as well as if it is bio-engineered, but I have no way to test or prove (or disprove) it.  BTW, not that this matters to the people, like myself, who are suffering, but I have a PhD in Medicinal Chemistry, so I try my best to keep an open mind and make a lot of observations.

I've looked at the white plugs under a microscope and they are definitely little bugs with legs.  Sometimes, I see a black thread-like structure inside the bug.  Sometimes I find one that appears to be wrapped in a white thread.  They definitely appear to be associated with hair.  I had dense/hard hairs on my chin and on the sides of my upper lip.  On the side of my face (beneath my ears and on my cheek) I had hairs that were softer but densely populated, and those have mostly been removed with treatment.  

I went for a microdermabrasion last week, and after a layer of crap was removed, I washed my face and thousands of little hard (like sand) eggs came out of my skin.  I looked at them under magnification as well.  It was gross, but after 3 days, I'm only finding the occasional egg.

My rosacea is cured and all I need to do at this point is even out my skin tone.  I know that microdermabrasion is expensive, but it is SO WORTH IT to get the skin back to normal.  You can get a 30 minute session (without the facial) for $50 to $75 where I live.  

I contacted by dermatologist by e-mail and told her about this situation.  She is now at a university where she teaches and has the opportunity to do some research.  She's quite interested in this, and I hope she will start scraping the skin to diagnose  rather than doing cultures and biopsies that show NOTHING.
I'm actually on the border of iron and ferritin deficiency, so at least for me, I don't think too much iron is an issue.
Your posts have been incredibly interesting.  I have been plagued with whatever is going on that everyone is posting about - and have considered Demodex and morgellons.  The iron particles is another piece of the puzzle!  One side comment for several people who have posted about having sores at the corners of their mouths or down their chin is to consider a fluoride allergy.  I had similar sores a few years ago and saw my derm who told me she felt it was due to fluoridated toothpaste, that after one brushes their teeth, they aren't aware that typically a small amount of toothpaste remains on at the corner of their lips, unless they actually rinse the bottom portion of their face.  I switched to Tom's Fluoride-Free toothpaste the the sores cleared within a week.  Husband and I were in Florida two weeks ago, and I used his Colgate toothpaste for 7 days.  By the time we got home, those same little sores were beginning to form and I really thought I had done a good job of rinsing my face! Fluoride is from fluorosilicic acid. There are many websites that tell the truth about fluoridation, including http://fluoridealert.org/articles/fluoride-facts/.  I also use reverse-osmosis water which is the only way to remove fluoride from a public water system - a Brita filter doesn't do it.  Hope this may help someone. Do you have any comments or links on what to do about the GMO hydrogel besides eliminating as much iron from our lives as possible?  Thanks again for an excellent post!
This is the most helpful information yet.  Thank you so much for posting this.  I had lost faith in all my dermatologists/doctors that I have visited over the 5 years of enduring this awful open lesions that are primarily on my face and never seem to heal except for over months and months.  I have researched so many different diseases and each one has led me to a dead end and back to the drawing board. And this disease seems spot on to all of my symptoms.

Since the CDC doesn't recognize Morgellon's as an actual disease-but symptoms of a mental illness-  Do you have any idea how people are diagnosed with Morgellon's disease?

Well don't make the mistake countless others have and go talk to your Derm and tell em that you have bugs coming out of your skin. At that point you will be labeled "delusional".   Don't show your Derm "samples".  They are trained to expect people to come in and talk of these things and are to follow a protocol. Just a warning.

"Black thread like structure inside the "bug". That would be a common description that I have heard before, only most describe it as a mass with a fiber inside. The modified gel are the raw materials that form the fiber or catalyst so to speak.

Threads come in a several colors. Clear, black, red, yellow.  Clear threads will eventually turn black.  

These are not just "fibers" they are very intelligent and have purpose and are interacting at the level of D.N.A. There is nothing that will "kill" them, not straight bleach, phosphoric acid, antibiotics, accutane etc.

These fibers have been found in ALL bodily fluids with people posting photos. Fungihomeworld has some of the best photos. A photo of a fiber taken from blood  can be seen completely surrounded by immune cells which seem to be attacking it, but cannot "kill" it. The fiber has a tip that is 100 times sharper than a hyper dermic needle and can pierce through anything.

1000s and 1000s of people all over the world have this and it seemed to first surface in the mid 90s, globally. So something indeed was going on.

Use  10-20% Mandelic Acid. Derived from almonds. it is a gentle acid. Use the neutralizer with it and micro dermabrasion scrub. Try BayHarborMedspa for these supplies. This has proven beneficial for people with folliculitis because it loosens impacted/congested matter and also kills bacteria because of the acidic p.h.

I recommend Turmeric in the diet daily for inflammation. Get a big bag at the health store and some empty gel caps. Take with meals. It is also one of the best cancer prevention steps you can take..........and its cheap.  

Borage oil both topically and internally.

If Iron deficient just eat iron rich foods like raisins, brewers yeast, etc. etc. and avoid free form iron steal particles in processed fortified food. Big difference. The latter promotes infections and cancers.

Diagnosis.

Purchase a P.C. microscope off amazon. The Dynoscope is $99.00 and great for skin examination to see what areas need exfoliation with mandelic acid.

or purchase a small handheld scope on amazon. (they are made of plastic, good quality with an L.E.D. light, 200x magnification is sufficient.

If you want very good detail  and up to 1000x magnification you could get an OMAX scope off amazon. it connects to a p.c or mac. Any three of these will work.

Compare with morgellons website photos and using google images and various search combinations such as "morgellons plugs"  etc. to find what you need to know.

No Doctor will ever tell you "this is morgellons". You have to do it yourself by careful examination and comparisons.
Thanks so much!  I will do that.  
Wandkg7 - I just wanted to say thank you so much for your kind words a couple of months ago.  It made me feel a bit stronger, at a time when I was feeling hopeless.
I recently discovered 10% Sulfur.  I've been dealing with a lesion since July 11 - and, by the way, this is one of the few cites on the internet where everyone describes the EXACT same symptoms -  Dermatologists seem clueless on the cause and cure.  

I know I get these from eating  gluten, the last time I ate gluten aka  "cellulose" was in crumbled goat cheese on July 4.  Celluose is one of the many names for gluten.   I  have been able  to narrow the source of my poison to gluten because I have been Paleo since mid 2010.  Nevertheless, eating out means mystery items in your foods and cross contamination with gluten.  So I for the last four years I have consistently had an outbreak here and there.  Apparently I have developed a high sensitivity to  gluten.  

Gluten - from the research I have done -  affects the villi in small intestines, causes intestinal permeability (leaky gut) and, in may case, wrecks havoc on my skin and face.  In others, gluten causes inflammation in other parts of the body, but at the end of the day, it is an allergy-like reaction to the protein.

I recently tried Minocycline Oral after visiting another Derm, for another opinion,  but what I have is NOT bacterial.  It is an allergic reaction to the protein in gluten.  

The only other thing that works, to an extent, are cortisone injections at the Derm's office. However,  this cellulose induced thing on cheek has been injected twice with cortisone and it is still spewing yellow histamine liquid, causing the skin the crater, creating inflammation and...well, it's a been another nightmare on my face.

This Sunday I read about sulfur.   There is an RX product called  Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% lotion but it has a harsh drying effect and requires another prescription.  My husband did research and found a non-Rx form of Sulfur.

On Monday, I bought a 10% sulfur compound at Walgreens and in the last 3 days the plugs are coming out to the surface - on their own -  and the inflammation has reduced substantially. The plugs are round and gel like, they feel like ACID on my skin, I cannot explain why or how my body produces these sacks of gel but they hurt like the devil.  Once out, I can see the inflammation go down.  It is necessary to pull them out with a sterile needle but with the  10% sulfur, the plugs dissolve and come out to the surface, and they pull out very easy. NO MORE BLEEDING!!  AND no more digging!!   It is both an anti-inflammatory and anti-fungi.   Indeed, the use of Sulfur to cure skin problems dates back thousands of years.  

10% sulfur is available in Walgreens or online.  It does not dry the skin like RX retinoids.   The cost is $3.99 - $7.00.  There are several brands, with/without smell to cover the mild sulfur odor, in shea butter base, petroleum base, etc.  I have used the sulfur/pertro with nothing else added.   Also, I got a sulfur soap online which I have used a few times.   Also, I applied the sulfur to a small (regular) pimple right above the monster inflammation thing and it healed in two days.  AMAZING.

I'll be heading to the gastroenterologist to test my gluten sensitivity next week, and I'll run my theory of the cause of these lesions with this doctor.  In the meantime, the sulfur is the ONLY thing I have found that dissolves these things.  

Good luck to everyone with the same symptoms.  I feel your pain.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RESISTANT STARCH.

http://www.gestaltreality.com/2014/02/27/resistant-starch-a-concise-guide/

What to use to quell the pain topically.

Campho-phenique GEL. Not the liquid......GEL.

Internally. I use resistant starch (bob's red mil potato starchl) and pysillium husk.
1 tbs. of potato starch and 1 tbs. of psyillium husk.

I take this with AOR Probiotic-3 which contains clostridium species to produce butyrate and short chain fatty acids which regulate immune response.

ANTIBIOTICS KILL OFF THE CLOSTRIDIUM STRAINS allowing pathogenic bacteria to take over the micro biome.

Find AOR probiotic-3 on amazon.

Probiotics will not work without insoluble fibers to feed them.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0082DDQH6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=HR66B43RFTF1&coliid=I21Z29DAKEUV8D
hi i have same thing. have u found what it is?
The lesion on my face that I developed after eating a very sweet cake desert some 20 months ago - it has wrecked havoc on my face - was an ingrown hair.  I finally discovered this on Sunday - it was two inches long, painful and inflamed.   As I suspected, this is not acne.    It had happened to me before and I finally made the connection this Sunday.

4 Dermatologist latter, misdiagnosed every time and what I get are ingrown hairs from hell.    

Based on my new discovery, I determined that the lesion I developed after eating "gluten" in crumbled goat cheese 45 days ago was also an ingrown hair -  I have been treating it with 10% sulfur, coconut oil, and triple antibiotic for a week.  It has slowly been healing and I plucked out the blob with the hair last night.  The 10% sulfur pulls out the debris and I pinpointed the location because it was the most painful spot in the entire lesion.  It came out bloodless, I suspect the 10% sulfur is responsible for this. I can feel it  healing now that the hair root is out!

I have done some reading and there appears to be a link between insulin resistance, menopause, grains, and ingrown hairs.   (Hirsutism).    
This is a hypothesis based on this article.

I think that since High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) accumulates in the hair follicle/root as described in the article it is very plausible that since HFCS is genetically modified that it is expressing itself and its negative effects through the DNA of certain individuals who consume it, yet others are unaffected.

The only way to know is to completely remove it from the diet.

It is hard to get away from HFCS because they put it in everything. DRINK WATER for starters and avoid the toxic HFCS sodas, juices, teas etc.  Avoid packaged products as it is put in EVERYTHING.

The GMO corn plant is a living insecticide. It kills insects that feed on it. Now we learn that it accumulates in hair follicles. How many skin diseases could be driven by this toxin in the hair follicles??

Unfortunately what many don't understand is that the most concentrated source comes from factory meat due to the large amount of GMO corn fed to factory animals which accumulates in their tissues.

The last one on the food chain gets the highest dose.

Hamburger (GMO fed beef). French fries (fried in GMO corn oil), soda (HFCS). Thats a lot of GMO corn derivatives and that would be just one meal.

When you add up all the sources you can get a better idea of how much you are actually consuming and how much you are accumulating in the hair follicle.

If we could completely eliminate ALL sources of HFCS and give the accumulated HFCS time to run its course through the hair follicle there could be positive results by careful observation.

But the problem never seems to end because we are constantly consuming HFCS, so it may appear that the problem is permanent.

For those who will say you will do anything to be rid of this, then this is something you can do.

Please read.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2009/oct/26/what-can-strand-hair-reveal-about-our-eating-habit/
I know what this is... I have it, and I've found a way to treat it.  Don't get grossed out.

I've been suffering from Demodex on my face for years.  The first lesions that I recall were in 2007. I finally found the nasty mites by using a 30X jewelers' loupe.  I found sulfur to be the most effective, but it still wouldn't control the condition.  The mites first form what looks like a pimple, but it's actually a Demodex volcano.  There are literaly thousands of mites in these bumps.  The sores they create rarely go away.  I call them a volcano because they have this recessed center portion with a protective wall around them.  They form layers of mites on your skin.  You may have to crack through many layers (I lost track of how many I removed) before getting down to you actual skin.  I found that sulfur was the most effective treatment, but it did not control the condition.

As if that isn't gross enough,  I discovered that the source of the mites were my eyes.  Yes, my EYES.  This condition is called blepharitis.  I don't have the nasty looking crusty crap or white spots at the base of my eyelashes. However, my vision is getting worse, I don't drive at night, and my eyes become glassy, bloodshot and red after driving for long distances or going to the movie theater.  I also noticed that my eyes frequently itched and I've woken up to a feeling that I had sand in my eyes.

I'll get to the good part now.  I found an eyedrop that contains sulfur, and it provided almost instant improvement in the condition. The product is by Dr. Christopher, and here's the Amazon link to the product.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004THC2SS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also purchased the face cream from Dr. Christopher.  This cream literally caused the rat bastards to start falling out.  The white vellum hairs, which I'm convined are part of the pathology, also started coming out.  Massaging the cream in worked even better.  I could feel the little jerks on my fingertips as they were coaxed from their hiding places. Here's the link to the cream.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XFFW64/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's even more good news...  I had 2 areas of dark circles under my eyes.  One was right at my cheekbone, and the other was at the bottom of the soft area under my eyes.  THEY ARE ALMOST COMPLETELY GONE!!  Also, the wrinkles around my eyes are going away...  Even the crows feet.  My face looks thinner, and the uneven skin tone is also going away.  I look basically a lot younger than my 51 years.  Oh, I did have white dots in the soft area under my eyes.  They are gone too.  I also massage the cream onto my eyelids and eye lashes.

I also recommend getting a jewlers' loupe to examine what is coming off from around your eyes and out of your face.  They are cheap.  Here's the link to one for $3.47 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Jewelers-Lighted-High-Power-Eye-Loupe/dp/B0052G7EX8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409840421&sr=8-2&keywords=lighted+30X+loupe

I hope this helps you!!
littleskitty!!  

I'm in NZ too - and have the exact same thing.  Ruining my life, to put it extreeeeeemely mildly.

anyway, not only are you not alone, your not alone in Enzed! :)
So, I have been following this thread since it began.  I have had this same issue on my nose, chin and forehead since I had my son in 2007.  I've tried the obvious: benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, the odd: jock itch cream, sulfur ointment, tea tree oil...pretty much anything otci could get my hands on.  I've assumed my problem was hormonally induced cystic acne, that I just couldn't leave alone.  I don't know what it is, but my new favorite thing in the world is charcoal!  I think it's a trend in the beauty industry now, as I've seen a few different products pop up on the market.  I bought Garnier Blackhead Eliminating Scrub with Charcoal a couple of weeks ago, and it has worked wonders on my face.  I wash with it every morning, all over my face, exfoliating well.  Then I dry with a clean towel, and apply a light, oil free moisturizer. (I use Aveda Hydrating Lotion)  then I put a 10% Benzoyl peroxide cream on only the spots I'm having trouble with.  I had nearly 12 of these sores when I started this regimen, and am down to 2 small ones on my chin, which has always been the worst place.  I think the charcoal helps to pull out the imperfections, and the B.P. helps kill what has been brought to the surface.  I hope this helps some of you, as it seems too good to be true!  Oh, and you can't pick at it!!! :-)
this link: http://oi40.tinypic.com/a4262p.jpg

Took me here, but I don't see that picture on this page. Did any of you post this picture, because this is exactly what I have. They vary in size, and sometimes multiple spikes on a scab. It is not a hair follicle. The up close picture of the scab with the white spike...yeah I have lots of those. I've been repeatedly diagnosed with acne. Interesting enough I did have trouble with tinea infections all during my childhood. I'm just trying to find the right diagnosis so I can get to the root of the problem. Those spikes hurt and itch until I get them out. The will not go away though. Aloe vera gel keeps them from getting infected, but definitely does't cure them.
Hi, I am wondering if you could send me the photo that you posted of your "spots".. I couldn't see it from the post.. My email is no.***@**** THANK YOU! Denise
This is different from what the original poster has... I know, because I have whatever it is she has, and it doesn't start looking like this... In fact? Although there are some similarities, with white substances coming from these pores? The shape, and texture are all wrong... At least in my case...my situation starts quite differently... I will get an itch... And not even noticing I did it, will one time scratch it very lightly and that action alone, barely touching it, removes the top of the tiny bump which most often times, is never really seen...moments later, I can touch my skin, and I will be shocked to feel it is wet... So I look in a mirror, and there is a clear liquid coming from the dot.. Within days? I have several of these spots, only now, they have grown in size, and are starting to more closely resemble the original posters photos... The spots begin to become inflamed, and they obviously have pressure behind them, and can be painful, making you want to pop it to relieve pressure....however, once you do, almost immediately, the skin surrounding the dot, swells up looking like a volcano is brewing underneath! If you wait a few days, or even sometimes immediately, you can use a fingernail, and push from the outside to the dot, and white "stuff" will come out of the hole.. Of course the hole grows no matter what you do, and the swelling remains... And just when you think it is done, and healing? You can feel the itching again, and it fills back up again with that yucky white stuff. These usually happen on the face and arms for me. My neck, ears, and back are getting something else entirely it seems, but at the same time... I suppose I should never have bought a mirror that has ten times magnification, but I couldn't see what was going on with my skin, and when I looked at my neck? I was shocked! My neck pores looked tremendously large... And it looked like I had white bumps, like white heads forming under them.. I could push this white stuff out? But I'm doing so, it can join several, and before you know it, there will be an inch long area with a horrible lesion, and several of these pores , and often times, while sleeping at night? The scab will actually stuck to my pillow, and I will wake up with a wet neck, because the yellow liquid was draining while I slept! I've never in my life seen my neck look like this! I had a hysterectomy when I was 24, and will be 45 in one week from today. I've recently started growing very baby fine facial hair around my hairline, ears, and mostly my neck area... And cheeks.. The eyebrows seem to be affected by this greatly too... The only thing I am noticing coming out of mine? Are a yellowish clear liquid, and the white stuff which immediately dissipates the minute it comes off of the skin. You can't see it, once you try to get it on anything... .. It's almost like it melts, unlike a white head... Which would come out solid. Antibiotics seem to help, but about a month after it clears up? You can see it returning, and eventually it starts itching again.. It scars terribly if you scratch,and I'm a scratcher...  
Its now been almost exactly a year since I found this thread and I'm worse than I have ever been.  In the past year I have tried Accutane, anti fungal pills and ever natural cream I can think of.  Still no progress.  This disease has cost me another relationship, I become more distant from my friends and family with every passing year and I can barely look at myself in the mirror.  I am currently supposed to be on "vacation" in Arizona and all I can think about is picking at my face and all the lesions I have everywhere.  I've now gone through 5 dermatologists and even my regular Dr. has just given up.  I have no idea what else to try at this point.  Suicide has actually been a real thought as this just isn't a life.  
Hi everyone. I live in russia and there are lots of people with the same unknown disease. I've tried everything that's mentioned here and nothing has helped. I mean that for example tea tree oil helps a little when you start using it... about one week maybe i see the improvements...but then it stops helping and i use smth else. the same happens with everything. the only thing i've noticed - it becomes much worse  1-when wear wool (even if my sweater has only 5% of it, still, 1-2 days - and the 'result' is on my skin), and 2  - if i have a cat near me. I use now fenistil gel, it helps a little, but the best results i see when i go away from my house for vacation or....i lived with my boyfriend for several months and for that period i forgot about itching sores. i think that the only thing we all could do in this case is to find the treatment from this immune response, this strange kind of allergy
This is caused by a mite called Demodex.  I suggest that everybody on this forum google and find out more about demodicosis.  You have to go to your dermatologist and get prescriptions for ivermectin (oral) and permethrin cream.  You cover your entire body with the permethrin cream so that the mites have nowhere to go.  That treatment works pretty quickly.

In addition, there are several anti-Demodex treatments on Amazon.com.  But the most effective by far is the prescription ivermectin/permethrin.  Tea tree oil, borax, sulfur and so forth are suggested as treatments but, at least in my experience, they were not effective.
I keep getting them on my nose its seems to have spread on to different parts of my face I currently have 1 on my nose and here are close ups I took with a macro lens on my iphone. you can clearly see the skin around it is peeled off...every time  get one the skin around it is like a wound It literally feels like my body is trying to eject it because it gets a little yellow/clear liquid like a pimple Ill squeeze and a little liquid comes but the "white plug"  will stick out a little more but never fully come out unless I dig it out. and that really results in bad scaring

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ljkokl.jpg
after I removed that small piece from my nose that I previously posted it seems it has "regrown" http://i57.tinypic.com/10wmovl.jpg it's like no matter what it wont go away. Its definitely not a pimple all though the irritation from this "growth" makes it appear to look like one surfacely.
http://www.mdjunction.com/diary/living-with-morgellons-disease/entry-3-there-is-hope
I do not think I have demodex or morgellons - my condition looks nothing like any of the photos of the two ailments. I do think this is yeast related and a few weeks back, stopped drinking beer.... I love beer! But I have to say, my face has cleared up considerably and the spots that are there are FINALLY receding! There are a few that have been vexing me well over a year!

If you like beer. Stop for a few weeks to see what happens. It's working so far with me... too bad I can't drink beer anymore. :-(
I know exactly how you feel.  I not only had lesions, but health side effects too. If you look up Lyme- that was everything else wrong with my immune system besides the lesions/sores.  Like you I have been to so many dermatologist, rounds and rounds of antibiotics that killed my gut and ultimate made me worse, and still with no answers.  Any dermatologist to this day will tell me that my lesions are cystic acne- but I know I don’t.  I was screaming to find anyone who would work with me to understand what was happening to me.  Before I found this threat, I tried a Holistic approach to all my issues its called (TBM) Total Body Modification. In September I told her that I think I had Lyme- which is similar to Morgellon's symptoms without the lesions, then I worked up enough guts to tell her I think I had Morgellon's and she believes its a thing and works with people so that's an option to talk to a professional who may not think you are crazy, well my TBM lady didn't think I was crazy at all.   Her and I have been working together about once a month for about 8 months now, slowly helping me feel better and I was even at at point when my lesions didn't show up for like 2 months- then I cheated and consumed everything below on my don't list and the lesions came back. But I still go to her and she helps treat my everyday symptoms of fatigue, foggy head and all that stuff.  Below are some of the things I  do and just order to try

-Domeboro Powder Packets (read directions on how to use-  I do it every day  pm/ and am if necessary - it stops the leaking of the lesions for me) http://www.cvs.com/shop/health-medicine/first-aid/itch-rash-treatment/domeboro-powder-packets-skuid-313866
-A variation of Vitamins(I Definitely take Turmeric)
-Exercise everyday(lesions are embarrassing but at least go outside and run/Hot Yoga anything that makes you sweat)
-Switch between Hydrogen Peroxide/Alcohol occasionally on the lesions
-Kleen Green(I just order the following link is a another blog with info) http://************/forums/am.asp?i=1931725
-Drink 2Tablespoons of Apple Cider vinegar am/pm (to help kill the little bugs/Morgellons’s internally )
-Colloidal silver – (About a shot glass full to kill internally/ run on my lesions)

Don’ts
(The Morgellon’s feed on all the things you love and shouldn’t eat/drink..that’s why symptoms get worse- for me at least)
Alcohol
Gluten
Complex Carbs and Grains(I don’t eat bread, bagels, pizza….)
Bad sugars and Sweets (Candy, cake,  no ice cream…)

Medical Spa treatments I have received
Revlite laser Therapy- (Helped heal the open lesions surprisingly well)
Chemical Peel (Helped get rid of the uneven built up layered skin around open lesions)
IPL photo facial (Is only good for skin that isn't open to help reduce discoloration)

I hope some of this information is helpful.  Let me know if you want the full go around of all my vitamins I take. I have an am/pm thing for my vitamins. They are absolutely necessary for me to take daily

Ive been using collide silver, vitamin d, garlic tablets, cephalexin, flagyl,  put a D battery on my tounge and hold on differnt parts of my body and drying all my clothes with bounce fabric sheets) static blocks the signals. It seems to be workiing. I can hear abd feel the bugs popping, and my body deflating. I was so infested my body was swelling. I thought it was weight gain.
accutane don t work
ve been using collide silver, vitamin d, garlic tablets, cephalexin, flagyl,  put a D battery on my tounge and hold on differnt parts of my body and drying all my clothes with bounce fabric sheets) static blocks the signals. It seems to be workiing. I can hear abd feel the bugs popping, and my body deflating. I was so infested my body was swelling. I thought it was weight gain.
I don't drink at all...I even cut back on soda but since halloween have been eating  a lot of sugar  and carbs are my fav :( the thing on my nose is healing more since I last posted it is almost gone now. I have been washing with sulfur soap using sulfur ointment and treating with tea tree oil. Normally when I get them it last for weeks so Im feeling like this is helping and it is not leaving a deep scar like the others have part of it is not digging it out and letting it gradually come to the surface and remove pieces of it.

I have no clue what this is if this is demodex or whatever others have stated not to many pictures have been posted and most are not as close up as mine or as detailed unfortunately but we all seem to have similar symptoms. I desperately need an answer to preventing this all together. I am so tired of avoiding going in public because of the huge mountains I get on my nose

Miconazole Nitrate cream and Prescription Metronidazole is working for my Lesions
I also use organic honey on my open lesions. It cost me like $15 from Whole Foods, but it is one of the few things that works consistently for my open lesions.  For some reason I tried local honey and regular honey, and nothing worked as well as Organic Honey.  

So after all of this - how do we stop these lesion things from recurring? Is there a method for prevention?
well i have been suffering from the same thing for 10 years - i have tried it all, coal tar, bactroban, bacitracin, minocycline, tetracycline, penicillen, keflex, amoxicillin, augmenton, levaquin, diflucan, antifungal creams - all of them, steriods, etc, etc, etc, and the list goes on - to treat these leisions that show up for no reason and disappear usually years later and those little bumps feel like someone has just injected acid into your skin - god almighty i could never believe that something like that could hurt so much - and i am a nurse - ok long story short i bought rosacea which is sulfur - so tonight my skin is a mess and i read your blog - and i am like ok i have some upstairs - well up the stairs i went started applying it and letting is dry and like some miracle from heaven those damn white plugs dried up and came to the surface the pain went away i was able to get that crust off without creating more of a wound and the redness and oozing are gone....OMG - OH MY MOTHER OF GOD - THANK YOU - i am optimistic that finally you have cured me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These plugs are parasites. DO NOT LET ANYONE CONVINCE YOUR OTHERWISE …and believe me, they’ll try (ill-informed dermatologists included). The parasites are called Demodex mites. That plug is the adult stage of the mite. Usually, humans are only inhabited by Demodex folliculorum and Demodex brevis. I suspect you’re describing the Demodex injai, the "large-body" Demodex. You'll want to get rid of these things ASAP and with extreme prejudice. I wound up with an all-out infestation because it took me 7 years, 5 useless dermatologists, and 2 ill-equipped primary care physicians to figure it out. One dermatologist accused me of making the sores myself and suggested I take an anti-depressant. But, don't get me started on that... I even had an elevated IGg because my system was so irritated by them. Anyway, back to the mites …The adults move around on your skin (usually at night because they don’t like light) and give you an itchy, crawly sensation. After they mate, the pregnant female emerges to lays eggs. When the pregnant female comes out, it looks kind of like a regular pimple. But, no puss comes out it-only fluid- and it gets red and irritated if you mess with it. The eggs she lays around the area where she emerged, that look kind of like "spindles." They’re down inside your skin but have little white hairs sticking out of your pores. Those hairs get a little thicker and will sometimes fall out as the egg evolves into an adult mite. Don’t bother pulling them out. The hairs will simply detach and the mite will stay in your pore. The adult mites are NOTHING NICE. They have, what I call venom (for lack of a better word), that causes a sever immune response. If you mess with them, they create this clear fluid that makes a hole in your skin. If you persist, they will make you bleed profusely. I think that stuff is an anti-coagulant too! After you lose the battle (and you will), your skin feels like it's on FIRE. Depending upon how much you messed with them, you'll either have a sore spot that won't heal or a plasticky quasi-scab looking thing …on top of a sore that won’t heal. If you lift up the plasticky scab, you can see the adult mites attached to the underside of it. I say that to say this: DON’T BOTHER MESSING WITH THEM. You will not get them out without putting a deep hole in your skin. They just dig down deeper if you try to pull them out with tweezers. The immune response will make a real mess of your face. You cannot kill the adult Demodex with creams because they move down into your pores beyond the reach of topical miticides. You cannot kill adult Demodex with ingested miticides because they have a hard outer shell that protects them from absorbing the chemicals. If you pinch one of those white plugs really hard with some tweezers you can hear it crunch. (I even tried applying a tiny bit of RAID …didn’t work.) I got rid of the MF’ers with 3 things: (1) Ivermectin, (2) Permethrin SFR, and (3) sulfur paste (all of which I found at the local feed store for animals). First: Use Ivermectin to kill the mid-stage mites. I used the equine version. It’s a paste with 1.87% Ivermectin. (DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IVERMECTIN DOSES ARE DETERMINED BY WEIGHT. I SIMPLY USED THE APPROPRIATE AMOUNT OF PASTE FOR MY WEIGHT. I HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, BUT BE CAREFUL). Within 6-8 hours of your first dose of Ivermectin, you'll see the mites pushing out of your pores IN DROVES. Because it only kills the mid-stage mites (not eggs or adults), you’ll need to take Ivermectin once a week, for 4-6 weeks. When you take the Ivermectin, change your bed sheets every night, for at least three nights. Also, buy a few extra pillow cases so you can have a newly washed pillow case every night for at least four weeks. I STRONGLY suggest this measure because the mites wreaked havoc on my scalp. My hair has not grown for more than 3 years. You may want to use Selson Blue shampoo for 4 to 6 weeks, just in case. Second: Use Permethrin SFR, which is 38.6 % Permethrin, to kill the eggs. Dilute it in a spray bottle and spray EVERYTHING in your house, including mattresses, couches, carpets, etc. …EVERYTHING. Then, vacuum really good, and spray EVERYTHING again. Buy new pillows too. Wash ALL CLOTHING and LINENS in hot water. Put them in the dryer on “high heat.” I even lightly sprayed the Permethrin solution on the dried laundry, and the replaced bed sheets. Permethren is not really toxic to humans, and it’s odorless once it dries (PLEASE READ THE PACKAGING THOROUGLY). WHILE I DON’T RECOMMEND THIS: I poured ¾ cup of the Permethrin SFR in my bath water. After soaking for a short time, there were so many eggs (with the white hairs) that my bath water had a film on it. I only did this because I had a full-on infestation. Third: Apply the sulfur paste all over your body. It’s a little tricky to apply, so I suggest wearing gloves. Also, it’s really thick and has a strong smell. I used Pierce’s All Purpose Nu-Stock. I had to mix the paste with baby oil to get it to spread. You’re supposed to wear it, kind of like calamine lotion, for 3 days straight. Then re-apply, on top of the first application, and wear for another 3 days. The objective is to keep the adult mites from mating and laying new eggs. I realize this is a lot. But, BELIEVE ME, you do not want to be infested with these things. This has been a 7-year nightmare for me …finally coming to an end. Good luck!
Viewing 201-215 comments: