Dermatology Expert Forum
Fleshy bumps in pubic area?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Fleshy bumps in pubic area?

i have developed these fleshy, (sometimes slighty red) bumbs in my pubic area that doent seem to ever go away on there own. i have just noticed these about 3 months ago. they dont hurt, itch, or anything like that. if i pop or tear them they have this firm spongy white head each one is a differt size then they bleed and start to heal. if i dont pop or tear them but mess with them to much they become red with a whitish head where the firm spongy white stuff kind of shows through the skin a bit. the ones i dont mess with just stay there. they show up in diffent spots each time but always in the pubic hair area. the longest i have had one before poping or tearing it is about 2 months. they seem to only ever be about 1 to 3 at a time and when i tear one another ussually comes up within a couple of days but not always. i though it might be some type of STD but, really cant find anything that resembles my symptoms so im confused and tired of trying to figure it out on my own. i recently moved and dont have a doctor yet nor do i know what kind of doctor i should see for it. i also feel pressure in my testicles sometimes like a squeezing or something. ussually only in my right one the most. i dont know if its related or i just started to notice them more now that i have other things going on down there. i am a 27 year old male. i hope this is enough info to get some ideas from you. thanks.
Not sure, but my best guess is that these are molluscum warts (usually not sexually transmitted, by the way.)   You are correct not to take care of this yourself.  The kind of doctor you should see is either a skin doctor or a specialist on STD's (molluscum is usually not an STD, but STD doctors would readily recognize it, or else know what it is if it's something else.)  Meantime, please don't squeeze the bumps, so whoever will look at it will be able to tell what it is.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
hmm interesting. i have passed all std test but i guess i didnt think of warts because they dont look like warts. just little round  fleshy or slightly red blister like things with the firm heads a little bigger that a pin head. i dont know if that little bit more info helps with any more thought or comment from you but, if it does let me know and thanks
That info is consistent with what I thought.  Dr. Rockoff
Sounds like something simliar to what I had recently,  I'm almost completely convinced they were molluscum warts.   They were bumps,  usually 1 - 2 mm across,  kind of flesh colored with a pink ring around them.  Anyway,  I heard there should be a core in these things so I got some sterile needles and tweezers,  carefully opening the lession and did find a core that I removed with tweezers. After, I put that new skin stuff on there to avoid secondary infection and they cleared up in about 1 week.  leaving a little pink skin behind, that eventually faded in about 2 more weeks.  Before I touched them though,  they didn't change.
I have those symptoms too.  I had it since summer.  They started to grow on my neck (still there from summer), and some on my arm.  I popped a couple of them and they have a sponage like white head, but it definitally not a white head.  They tend to bleed a lot when I pop them.  I teared three of them off and they are healing.  I also have little tiny ones around the lower part of my mouth.  And a tiny bump on my lip, when I shave, they start to bleed.

Is it molluscum warts?  

Does anyone know of a good Doctor in Chicago I can go to?
I got the same thing went to see my doctor and said it was a virus.
he presribed Formalin which btw isnt made unless you go to a phamacy that still actully mixes the drugs. swo i had to do some traveling to get it... nobodfy anywhere has heard of this drug being used in this fastion though my gf says its starting to look better but it to me looks like im getting more of them. so im curious have you ever heard of this treatment... he says the virus makes a skin "bump" so your body cant access it and the formalin breaks down the barrier so to speak so your body can heal it.
i have never heard of that treatment.  I haven't been to the doctor to get it checked out.  I'm too scared to find out what it is.  Did your doctor tell you how you got it?  Is it STD related?
A related discussion, wart? was started.
A related discussion, I have on red bump on the tip of my penis was started.
A related discussion, What is the cause of these bumps? was started.
A related discussion, Bumps in pubic region was started.
A related discussion, White bump in the pubic region was started.