Dermatology Expert Forum
Fleshy growths around shaft of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Fleshy growths around shaft of penis

Ok, I am 28 years old.  I have never had any irregular growths on my penis before and I was circumsised at birth.  5 weeks ago, a small flesh colored growth showed up on the under side of penis shaft, right on the circumcision line.  Over the next few days, other growths spread right along the circumcision line.  The growths look like fleshy clumps on the underside of the shaft, but on the the top of the shaft they are barely perceptible unless I stretch the penis to look at it.  The growths are all very hard to notice when the penis is stretched or erect.  This growths have not changed in character at all since they took form in the first few days.  The cluster of skin on the bottom looks like a small bit of wrinkled skin.  

The skin around this area has a wrinkled look now when the penis is flaccid.  If I stretch the underside of the penis to look at the growths, the bottom edge of the growth resembles on side of a zipper track, but with some uneven qualities.  These growths don't hurt but irritate slightly if I masturbate or wear certain underwear that rubs it.  

I have read that skin tags may develop along the circumcision line, but I don't know if these tags can show up at my age or if they show up after an adult circumcision.  I have been sexually active in the past so there is chance it is warts, but the fact that it is flesh colored and run along the line of circumcision exactly leads me to believe it isn't-or is a product of wishful thinking.  My girlfriend may have had a yeast infection or something to that nature not long before these growths appeared, but I'm not sure about that.  

So my biggest question is about the circumcision line and if these skin tags or acrochordons can show up at my age along the line?   If they are skin tags, will they ever go away?  What else could it be?  

Please help.  

If they indeed just showed up, they're probably warts.  Warts are much more common than skin tags in the region you refer to.  You'll need to see a doctor in person for diagnosis and treatment, if needed.

best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, Spots on penis was started.