Folic invection

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Folic invection

i have bumps on the back of my neck.  i had a three doctors look at them and they told me it was a folic invection.  i am a diabetic and was told that that has a lot to do with it.  the high sugar feeds the infection  one doc gave me antibiotics and steroids.  i was told to clean the area good and leave a antibiotic soap on it.  i have done all this.  i keep my sugar in check and i still have trouble. one bump turned into a carbunkle.  what i would like to find out is there anything i can put on it to get the bumps to go way or just stop bubling up.

thank you.
For folliculitis, apart from the oral antibiotics, keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. Also keep your blood sugar under check because there is slow healing in diabetics.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.