Folliculitis, Herpes, Razor burn infection?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Okay so I just started sleeping with this guy ive know all my life, last weekend before I came over I shaved (down there) to keep everything fresh for when i come over the following day. Soo I come over and of coarse we do the deed and go to bed. The next day everything appears to be fine and I take a shower, get out, dry off. But oops! I forgot to reshave down there to maek sure there are no prickles. so i just grab the razor being dumb and start shaving on dry skin. Again we do the deed that night but the next day im itching. then i go home and Mon- Wed im itching and red. Thursday I realize I have lesions and so I started using everything in my house to clean these things up. Then it gets worse and I go to the hospital who thinks I have herpes. Its impossible though because ive only slept with two guys and the first was a virgin the second was the one ive know my who life. He was recently tested just for check up reasons and he was negitive for herpes. So they gave me meds for herpes but it hasnt helped at all. And I never got and pustuals or throbbing pain or flu like symptoms either. The sores never hurt unless a bodily fuild is in it. I found that a hot shower does the trick and I can walk around fine. My hair down there started grown in also down there so it irratates things and thats when the sores started showing up. Today I noticed that little tiny tiny tiny bums at the follical of the hair where there. Maybe thats what made the lesions? I dont know. All i know is you cant just get herpes from thin air. And ive got tested and im waiting for the results but feedback would be nice please. im going out of my freaking mind here!!! Also some of the sores are not where hair could be but there are porse all over our skin so im thinking its something to do with the infection just getting into the pores and spreading.
From the symptoms it looks more like folliculitis due to shaving of the skin than herpes sores. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I got my test results in, I do have herpes. Most likely HSV1 strand down there because the guy I WAS sleeping with told me the day of finding out that he did indeed have HSV1 in remission but I had bitten his lip, which he had busted due to weather out here (its cold), I reopened it apparently when I bit it and right after he gave me oral sex. Freak accident but awesome. Now I have herpes. I mean seriously though, hes given me oral sex plenty of times and then the one night ibit his lip it gives me herpes. Atleast thats what the hospital tests said and I doubt the tests results could be wrong. But I know for a fact it cant be HSV2, I havent even had the chance to come into contact with something like that. Is there any chance this could be a mistake? :/
Yes, it is true that type 2 is predominant in genitals and type 1 in mouth, but both virus can be present in both places. Rarely does one type exist. It is more common for oral HSV-1 to be transmitted to the genitals through oral sex, than it is for HSV-2 to be transmitted to the mouth.
But many a times only a swab test is not enough to know whether there is active infection or not. Laboratory tests which should be conducted include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA and antibody test.