Folliculitis and Iron Deficiency Anemia

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Folliculitis and Iron Deficiency Anemia

I've read on various sites that "some experts" believe that chronic cases of folliculitis can be related to iron deficiency anemia. In this case, what would be the microorganism that causes the folliculitis? Would it be due to bacteria, or due to fungus like yeast?

I ask because I'm aware that iron deficiency creates an environment that is not friendly to bacteria, so I was wondering if folliculitis and iron deficiency anemia is usually caused by a yeast (ie pityrosporum folliculitis instead of the normal bacterial folliculitis. Thank you in advance.
Amongst many other conditions like Immunodeficiency,and diabetes Iron deficiency is not a recognized cause of pityriosporon folliculitis.Also this condition stands apart from other folliculitis with its predisposition to the back, and also by the intensly pruritic nature.
While I do understand that iron deficiency is non- friendly to bacteria in therotical terms there are other factors which can enhance its growth, virulence for example.
When we look at pathogenisis it is the host-parasite interactions. If the parasite overwhelms the host defence you have the disease.
To look at it as an experimental model look out for pityriosporon in cases of pure iron deficiency anaemias with folliculitis.May be you have a case!
Keep up your original thoughts unfurling.
Best wishes.