Folliculitis everywhere

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Folliculitis everywhere

Dear Doctor,

Im suffering from folliculitis for 8 months now. I have then now in the whole body: a few in my tights, a few in my belly, a few in my arms (mostly biceps region), in my neck, in my cheeks, a few in my nose and forehead. also in the scalp.

They are generally small in size, some of then looks like small pimples (acne), but if you look closely you can see the hair in the middle of the lesion.

Im also had recent epysodes of boil im my ear (i had one in each ear, not at the same time). they got really painful.

I was to a dermatologyst, that confirmed folliculitis. gave some cream, but no effect.

What would you recommend in my situtation?

PS. in dec 2011 I had a sex exposure with a CSW. Since then I got a lot of weird symptoms, that is scaring me a lot. My last test for STD was at 8 months after exposure, and everything was negative. You can see my previous post about this incident (had to create another user due password issue):
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Protected-sex--but-Too-many-symptoms-/show/1675037
Thank you very much.
Best to you all.
Please, anyone?
Hi and sorry your not feeling well. Im not a doctor but do recommend that you see your dermatoligist again about this. You are under his medical care and should follow up with him on this and today if possible. Whats important is to know what kind you have as there are several and fall into a catagory of treatment. What kind of Folliculitis do you have?