Folliculitis of the pubic area?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Folliculitis of the pubic area?

I had fairly recently (as of 4-6 weeks ago) developed several asymptomatic bumps with white heads, resembling acne in the upper pubic area.  They didn't itch or burn, they didn't expel any fluid, however I attempted to pop several of them to no avail, nothing came out except a tiny spot of blood. A week or so later, a cluster of several more appeared near my waistline between my naval and the actual pubic area.  They didn't itch, hurt, become inflamed.  Just normal looking bumps white heads, although there is no hair coming directly coming from the center of them.  Some are as big as a pin head, some are sized just like normal pimples, mainly concentrated around the waistband of my pants.  After irritating the bumps I used hydrogen peroxide and applied antibiotic ointment, although that seemed to irritate them more and after a couple days I ceased that, and began using a medicated powder which seemed to help.  I also ceased shaving the pubic area, because the initial appearance of this shortly became more apparent after shaving.

This didn't really concern me much because I am 25 years old, active in contact sports (martial arts) and water sports (swimming, kayaking) which due to equipment and environment often causes slight skin irritation, although I have EXCEPTIONAL personal hygiene.  I have also been monogamous with my only partner of 9 months - however now on the shaft of my penis, several (8) white pin sized spots have appeared.  They do not change in size, they don't hurt or burn... they appear to look like scars or discoloration, if they are raised at all you can't feel it, and they're not visible during erection.

None of the bumps or irregularities have really changed, gone away, or really done anything except be a nuisance to my physical appearance below the belt, except when I try to self operate and of course bother them to point that they itch/burn slightly.

Do I have a skin disorder or irritation that I need to get cleared up with a dermatologist, or is this something that I need to consult a general practitioner about?  Have I irritated this to the point that I have spread it to my penis by accident, or have I inadvertently caught an STD and am not aware of it?  Both?  Thanks for your input!
It's not folliculitis, that tends to itch. It sounds like you have Molluscum. It's a skin virus and is spread by skin to skin contact (think poisen ivy! if you touch it and touch somewhere else, it can spread there!). You'll find lots of information on the web about it. You definitely need to go to a dermatologist. They may offer/suggest a cream such as Aldera, but frankly, go straight for the liquid nitrogen. They will use a small canister to freeze each lesion. The lesion will die fairly quickly, and each will heal in about 2 weeks. This is the fastest and most aggresive (aggressive) way to treat it. Don't touch them, don't put creams or powders or anything else on them. Wash your hands frequently, and everytime you go to the restroom.

You're partner may also have it, she needs to check herself, otherwise you'll just keep passing it to each other.
I'm not sure if I just didn't notice it before, but they do seem to itch quite frequently now.  they appear just as a zit, with a hard head (no puss or fluid) and after washing off in the shower, they are flat like a scab, and then they just sort of crop up again in the same spot.  I don't know why, if it's the summer season or what but I have been battling dry skin all over my body, not limited to my waistband area.  I'll let you know what they say when I make it into the derm. -  Thanks for the input!
has this issue been resolved? i have the same exact symptoms right down to the papules on the base of each hair follicle that are slightly erythematous (has a red base) and pruritic (itchy)