Folliculitis vs staph infection
I have breakouts that are very deep - never come to surface - actually have to pull them out with tweezers. Sometimes they go away; but frequently, other ones crop up in the same place.  My question is is this folliculitis or staph infection?  Something else?  Please help, if you can.  I'm at my wits end and am ending up with scarring (obviously)

From the symptoms,it can be folliculitis or boils. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles.It starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus.Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle.

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

I hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.