Dermatology Community
Foot, Leg, Waist Rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Foot, Leg, Waist Rash

Last week I went to the OB/GYN and he started me on 4,000 IU of Vitamin D and Provera.  I began taking them Friday and Monday evening I experienced a blotchy leg rash - itchy and hundreds of bumps on my feet and legs.  I called the ER as my mother has had two life-threatening allergic reactions.  The ER told me (over the phone) that they were certain I had Cold-Induced Uticaria.  However, Tuesday when I skipped my Vitamin D dose, the bumps were better (not gone, but better).  Wednesday, I took the Vitamin D and again broke out (really badly this time - still all lower than belly button).  I called my doctor's office - they said the same thing - Uticaria - and said to do nothing because the bumps would go away when I got warmed up (had been outside minimally).  However, a couple hours later the bumps were getting more intense, many more of them, hot feeling (not to touch), and itchy.  I caved and took the Benadryl.  Overnight, the bumps went down in swelling slightly; however, they turned a very deep purply-red color.  This evening, again, the bumps increased in size and itchiness.  I again caved and took Benadryl (first dose since last night).

Any thoughts?  It sure does not seem like Uticaria as the bumps do not go away.  Could it be a Vitamin D allergy (or fish oil allergy) and if so, how long before it will be out of my system?  Last dose was yesterday morning (9:00) of 4,000 IU.  

Thank you!